• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Yahoo -- Can Congress Ban AUTOMATIC weapons

LittleCalm

NES Member
Classic:

Gun control has become one of the preeminent battles of 2013. During a press conference last month, in which he was surrounded by children, President Obama urged Congress to ban “assault” (automatic) weapons, limit magazines to 10 bullets, and introduce universal background checks for all firearm buyers. And last night, Mr. Obama again called for this regulation in his State of the Union address. Naming those affected by gun violence, he asserted to a cheering, standing crowd: "They deserve a vote."

Across the country, Americans are debating the effectiveness of Obama's gun-control proposals. Commentators on the left argue that automatic weapons and high-capacity magazines aren’t necessary for home defense or hunting.

Debate on gun control should ask whether Congress has power to regulate - Yahoo! News

Fudd. Antis are ignorant for lack of knowledge/experience. Fudds are ignorant by choice.

Took the words out of my mouth. FUDDs are real fun to **** with. I've ran into a few this year already. Received the "gasp! You can't have that in MA!" To my Springfield XDs, and I got a "You can't build your own AR".

Let's just say that these people caught me on the wrong day [rofl]. I have no patience for Fudds.

This, and these are the ones we really need to reach
We need to reach all of them truth be told. That's the hard part.

We have to reach out to people being openly and violently hostile to our rights and educate as many of them as possible or we are screwed.

We also need to reach out to people who don't care one way or the other to explain to them that this is about much more than guns. This is about the very power of government to ban things and punish any out-of-favor political group that it has a plurality of votes to oppress.

This government has no legitimate power to label law abiding people or their property criminals, absent due process and enumerated power. If we allow it to take this power, it will continue expanding to eventually reach something those currently apathetic care about.

As gun owners, we should have been paying more attention to this with prior bans as the same logic applied and now they have reached us and the things we care about.

Last edited:
I'm going to lose it if I have to keep hearing that damn sound bite of "blah blah...needs a vote...blah blha...needs a vote". [puke]

...and oh ya....what cekim said about feeding the beast.

Across the country, Americans are debating the effectiveness of Obama's gun-control proposals. Commentators on the left argue that automatic weapons ..... aren’t necessary for home defense or hunting.

Crap. Looks like there's gonna be another retard-run now, on all the automatics at the LGS's, D*cks, and Wallymarts.

Last edited:

"The feature that makes this gun so lethal is its high-capacity “quick change” magazine"

What makes it so lethal is that he was shooting unarmed people with it.

What the fock is a quick change magazine?

If I make all my magazines ill-fitting and hard to swap out can I have over 10 rounds? Maybe wrap them in duct tape so I really have to jam them up in there.

Douche

I just hope they come take them away so I don't have to go down to the station. You know, with gas prices and all.

My state rep didn't understand any of this. First, she thought semi-auto sporting rifles were banned in MA. Second, she doesn't understand that worrying about one type of firearm over another (e.g., handgun vs semi-auto rifle vs. bolt rifle vs. revolver) accomplishes nothing -- they are all lethal. Didn't understand that DHS said semi-auto sporting rifles are proper self defense firearms. Doesn't understand any of the laws we have in place, including bartley-fox. Didn't know that these laws are rarely enforced. Nice enough person, but just doesn't have a clue about firearms and 2A. Etc. Etc.

My state rep didn't understand any of this. First, she thought semi-auto sporting rifles were banned in MA. Second, she doesn't understand that worrying about one type of firearm over another (e.g., handgun vs semi-auto rifle vs. bolt rifle vs. revolver) accomplishes nothing -- they are all lethal. Didn't understand that DHS said semi-auto sporting rifles are proper self defense firearms. Doesn't understand any of the laws we have in place, including bartley-fox. Didn't know that these laws are rarely enforced. Nice enough person, but just doesn't have a clue about firearms and 2A. Etc. Etc.
That is a lot of them which is why I have been saying we have note done all we can... There is a lot of ignorance on bacon hill that is voting... They know nothing, so why question what DeLeo says?

Some are lost and will always be enemies of liberty, and rational thought, but many are just windsocks that will blow in any direction, but we aren't even trying to move them.

Back when they still paid lip service to that quaint anacronism known as the Constitution, Congress understood they couldn't ban any firearms. That's the entire reason behind the taxation scheme of NFA '34 -- it created an effective ban disguised as a revenue measure.

And, she's incompetent and unfit to hold any public office or make any decisions that affect the lives of other human beings.

Well damn it! If there all going to call all AR-15, AK-47 and such a automatic assault weapon, can i get them In a full automatic model so now there will be no more confusion [angry]

I'm putting double bullet buttons on all my ARs.

-tapatalk and Devin McCourty blow chunks-

Back
Top Bottom