• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Yahoo article - Numbers show gun owners support Obama!

I hate to say this... but I'm starting to think we're lone soldiers in a war already lost. The illegals are getting handouts sanctioned by the Government, and even appearing on the News without fear of prosecution.
CT. just passed some of the most restrictive anti-gun laws I've ever seen, virtually turning gun owners into sex offenders.
National gun registration and liability insurance is making its way not only through a few states, but also Congress now...
Our president supporting an international arms deal championed by the likes of the UK and Iran....
... and I'm starting to think my LTC won't be renewed because of a police report (no charges filed, mind you), that the licensing station made 4 years ago, and then faxed to the police in the town I now live.
I hate to say this... but when you've got politicians virtually dancing on the graves of children to pass laws that would never have protected them, and the public cheers this behavior...
I have one child... I don't think I'll ever have another. Raising them in a world when things like this happens seems almost cruel...

Of course they didn't call anybody you know; public opinion polls don't work like that, but they're still pretty accurate. The way they skew the poll results isn't with the random selection methodology, but in how they pose the questions.

How many gunowners are going to tell a random guy on the phone that A) they own guns and B) don't back Obama?

It's all in the sampling location, size and affiliation/demographics. Also in the way the question is posed to the person can skew to the result they want. For example, the question seems to be "Do you support or oppose-requiring background checks for all gun buyers?" from the .pdf. From this, a reasonable person could really think from an FFL. While it does not say that, I can't picture if you said, "even personal transfers", people would say "Yup."

Here is the real head scratcher:

Do you believe that if there are background checks for all gun purchases the government will or will not use that information i
n the future to confiscate legally

-
owned

guns?

Tot Rep Dem Ind Men Wom Wht Blk Hsp

Confiscate 48% 61% 32% 51% 52% 45% 47% 42% 55%

Will not 38 25 54 36 37 38 39 43 28

DK/NA 14 15 14 13 11 17 14 15 17

So if 48% of respondents think the .gov will use background checks to confiscate, why are they in favor of it?

9k=
Baghdad_Bob.jpg

Last edited:
if you phrase it the way that poll question about CT was phrased you could easily make it appear that we support background checks, the problem is criminals will not get background checks

Back
Top Bottom