XL650 purchase

So I am seriously considering a Dillon XL650. For the longest time here everyone recommended Brian Enos as the place to purchase. It would appear they no longer sell Dillon presses. Any other recommended vendors.

You can go through Dillon directly via their website or go to Shooter's Outpost or Riley's both in Hooksett, NH. Haven't been in a while, but I recall Shooter's sells Dillon products at a discount.

I paid $787 for an XL650 + casefeeder set up for 9mm, at Riley's in Dec.

Dillon increased their prices for 2017, and they have MAP, so you probably won't find anyone advertising for much less than getting it straight from Dillon.

If you're close to Hooksett, call SO and Riley's and see if there is a difference, and who has what you want in stock.

I got one last year at Shooters Outpost. They are about 10% less than Dillon. Check them out now to see if the sane.

sent from my phone.

Bought mine at Reilly's. They have/had tons of miscellaneous stuff you need to go along with the basic press. Get some extra pickup tubes...

Wow this was news to me. Did some poking around and found a recommendation from B.E. if you want to go the mail order route vs a trip north of the border.

Larry Garland, from KrakenPop, contacted me after I stopped selling Dillon Precision products in August of 2016.
He was interested in continuing Dillon sales and support for my customer base. I researched KrakenPop and found
only 100% positive reviews. I then called Larry and right off the bat knew he was a rock solid individual.
He reminded me of my Dillon customers from Texas – salt of the earth people. When I realized his business partner
is Bob Klunk, the inventor of the 40 S&W cartridge – I know these guys are the real deal. So with confidence I
recommend my Dillon customers to KrakenPop.
To purchase Dillon Precision products, please visit our affiliate, KrakenPop. If you call KrakenPop to place your order, please tell them you were referred to them from Brian Enos. Thank you for your support. -Brian Enos
One last note… To search for a specific Dillon Precision item on KrakenPop’s site, add “dp” to the beginning of Dillon’s SKU for the item. For example, Dillon’s SKU for a Primer Flip Tray is 13606. So to search for Dillon’s Primer Flip Tray on KrakenPop’s site, the search SKU is “dp13606”.

http://brianenos.com/dillon/

Yes Brian Enos got out of the business of selling get stuff.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I would stay clear of KrakenPop. there has been some terrible news in the last few weeks on a bunch of FB reloading groups with their response time with shipping and getting back to people. I get emails from them all the time.

I have had some great luck with craigslist as of late, and there is almost always a 650 in central MA. Keep your eyes open.

I got one last year at Shooters Outpost. They are about 10% less than Dillon. Check them out now to see if the sane.

sent from my phone.

+1

I bought my 650 and all the works at Shooters just about exactly a year ago. A little cheaper than Dillon and no shipping.

When I recently bought a caliber conversions kit, quick change over head and kit, dies and some other odds and ends I bought them at Riley's. These days I prefer to deal with Riley's than Shooters. Nothing against Shooters I just prefer Riley's because I feel they have better service and more knowledgeable help.

I heard shooters is charging full retail instead of the discounted dillon products. Can anyone verify that? A friend went to buy a case feeder and dies for a 650 and he said it was dillon cataloge priced.

Last edited:
@stanley11b as of end of December, they still had a discount. I haven't checked since (as my 650 is pretty decked out).

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I am in the same boat as OP and getting ready to go blue. Jaypap what is C&R for use that don't know?

There are some retailers that offer a discount for C&R holders. Need to ask.

I am in the same boat as OP and getting ready to go blue. Jaypap what is C&R for use that don't know?

C&R refers to curios and relics. It is a federal firearms license for collectors. You apply thru the ATF. Once you obtain one you can get C&r eligible firearms sent right to your house. You are required to keep a bound book for acquisitions and dispositions of these firearms, but upon letting the license lap you don't need to turn in your bound books as other ffls do.30 bucks for 3 years. You can easily save that and more in discounts alone thru places that offer them, like say midway or Brownell. It is not a license to commence in commerce. There's more too it once you delve in deeper but there's a sort of gist.

Back
Top Bottom