XDs recall -- .45 ACP and 9x19

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but I finally talked to someone at SA, and they are replacing 2 parts in the gun.

Grip safety & the disconnector.

They are hoping all guns will be repaired in a 2-3 week time frame.

Also, when you get your gun back, on the outside of your grip safety, it is now going to have a small roll pin in it, that will show where the new parts have been replaced.

Only 1 gun was effected, but they are replacing all of them, just to be safe.

Apparently that pin is holding something in place that blocks dirt and crap from getting into the sear area.

According to when I talked to them, they are replacing grip safety, and disconnector.

Yah, I don't have a problem wiht it either since the roll pin is even held in by the frame too.
That won't fall out unless you disassemble the pistol.

My suspicion is that the roll pin is create a positive link connection where previously there was just a contact.
This should more securely engage the grip safety when released.

For people who have sent their guns in, you can go on Springfield's website, and type in your serial number, and eventually it will be updated to where it is in the process.

It's the same site you used to type in your serial # before. You go there, click on 'get started', and type in your serial #. It will tell you about it.

http://www.springfieldrecall.com/

I'm 3 weeks in and it just says "Your Recall Status: Your Gun has been Received"

Had it 2 weeks...Never fired it. Oh well.

I'm 3 weeks in and it just says "Your Recall Status: Your Gun has been Received"

Had it 2 weeks...Never fired it. Oh well.

Yours should be pretty close to being returned to you, if it's been 3 weeks already.

I bought a couple hundred rounds of 9mm for mine, to test the hell out of it when I get it back.

I ordered a SW 380 today because this recall has pretty much disarmed me. The PPQ is to big to conceal at work. Figure I'll let the wife have the 380 when I get my xds back.

Mine says received now as well.

Your Recall Status: Your Gun has been Received

If you need assistance, please call 1-800-680-6866.

For people who have sent their guns in, you can go on Springfield's website, and type in your serial number, and eventually it will be updated to where it is in the process.

It's the same site you used to type in your serial # before. You go there, click on 'get started', and type in your serial #. It will tell you about it.

Springfield Armory ReCall Registration

Where are you seeing the status?

Before, mine said, "call tag has been sent." Now, it says, "your gun has been received."

I am sure they are way over the 30 day deadline now, so I am going to call on Thursday and find out.

Completely missed that. My bad.

I'm 2 weeks in and have heard nothing.

"Your Recall Status: Your Gun has been Received"

My M&P Shield should be in on Tuesday. [wink]

You guys that live in MA are too scared that you'll never get it back, that's why.

"Oh, I don't want to send it in, because I bought a non compliant gun, and what if I never get it back???" Yeah, because SA cares that much, when they have 500,000 guns being repaired. [rofl][rofl]

Mine hasn't left my possession. Over something ****ing stupid like this voluntary recall, I don' t see it happening neither.

If it's serious enough for SA to recall 500,000+ guns, I'd call it serious, but that's just me. It's documented that someone's gun went full auto. It could also fire a round when you rack the slide. Pretty dumb.

If it's serious enough for SA to recall 500,000+ guns, I'd call it serious, but that's just me. It's documented that someone's gun went full auto. It could also fire a round when you rack the slide. Pretty dumb.

Well, having it fire a round when racking the slide could be dangerous, but if it goes FA, I think I's probably just STFU about it and be happy to have a special toy like that.[laugh]

Back
Top Bottom