XDs Mod2 9mm... do we all still hate springfield?

bsaks

NES Life Member
NES Member
Just saw the official email announcement for the XDs Mod2 in 9mm (the .45 has been out for a while already).

Anyone else find this interesting? Have we forgiven springfield yet?

Last edited:
My very first gun was an xD45 I bought 12-13 years ago when I lived in AZ. Still have it, still shoot it, still like it. Lady Radtekk transitioned from Mustang380 to Glock26 (Gen 4) to Shield 9 to the xd9 subcompact. A week after she got the xD9 I picked up an xDs45 Mod.2 from a member here. It pretty quickly replaced my eSeries 1911 in stainless as my EDC.

Gun politics are complicated, OP should let his conscience be his guide. Except for buying from Dick's. I'm pretty ok with my decision about the xD's.

I have.

They are trying to get back in good graces by boycotting Dicks' That said they probably dont sell anything to Dicks. But its a step in the right direction.

I bought and XDS9 on a good sale and then they sent me three free mags that arrived at my door a week after I submitted paperwork. As far as customer service goes they are OK with me.

Remember Smith and Wesson were once douchebags too.....

The G43 didnt fit my hand well. The XDs is a natural shooter for me. Loved it within a couple rounds. Mine is pre grip zone, but still manage to grip it ok.

My xdD45 Mod.2 has the "Grip Zone", my original xD obviously does not and is also a full-size. Lady Radtekk has the xD9 w/o it. We like them both, I'm actually considering picking up the Mod.2 in 9mm for the sake of consistency. We have Shield 9's which are worry-free, but I like the idea of having "all the same" also.

I have.

They are trying to get back in good graces by boycotting Dicks' That said they probably dont sell anything to Dicks. But its a step in the right direction.

I bought and XDS9 on a good sale and then they sent me three free mags that arrived at my door a week after I submitted paperwork. As far as customer service goes they are OK with me.

Remember Smith and Wesson were once douchebags too.....
Once??? They tell me a fiber front sight on there target pistol is more dangerous than a bayonet lug and refuse to sell or ship one to me.

My xdD45 Mod.2 has the "Grip Zone", my original xD obviously does not and is also a full-size. Lady Radtekk has the xD9 w/o it. We like them both, I'm actually considering picking up the Mod.2 in 9mm for the sake of consistency. We have Shield 9's which are worry-free, but I like the idea of having "all the same" also.
That's like a derringer in your paws lols

Gun politics are complicated, OP should let his conscience be his guide.
I take pride in bustin' balls over this butt hurt boycott stuff but I feel radtekk is right, if a companies politics bother you, follow your conscience and don't buy their product.

What is the difference of the mod 2 xds? Wasnt clear on the website. It was between the xds and the shield, and i didnt feel like messing with trigger kits on another m&p. XDs trigger was decent out of the box, and shoots so good i don’t care it isn’t perfect.

I must have missed it. Why do we hate SPFLD??? Besides their gun having a bore axis about 8 feet above your hand, that is. I've got a XDS45 of the first-gen variety. Not really a fan of it. It's worth substantially less now that they are Ass Complaint. LOL

Why is that? I know it's confusing between having to properly grip the grip zone, and properly grip the grip safety, but if it ends up firing when you want it to, what's the downside?

Because its a redundant safety which is completely unnecessary to the functioning of the pistol. Its just another potential failure point. The XD series has all the same safety features of a glock or any similar gun. There is no need for anything more.

Ive had them, cant stand them, if you want to rack the slide, press check etc.. and your palm isnt depressing the safety entirely then the slide stays locked. I find it very annoying. Let me control my own gun.
just my 2 cents. Never had a problem with mine. Sold it though because of the palm safety. User preference thats all.

Ooh yeah that would be annoying. Thanks, was curious. I could also see high stress situations or if you’re injured your grip might be wrong and it would fail to fire.

I’ve got one and I’ve tried every possible way to have the gun not fire by not depressing the grip safety. I haven’t been able to do it yet- every way I’ve gripped the pistol enough to squeeze the trigger the grip safety is activated. Kind of like a 1911.

I’ve got one and I’ve tried every possible way to have the gun not fire by not depressing the grip safety. I haven’t been able to do it yet- every way I’ve gripped the pistol enough to squeeze the trigger the grip safety is activated. Kind of like a 1911.

The article says they made the mod 2 grip safety more like a 1911.

I bought an xds 9 an hour ago. It felt so good in my hand I had to get it. I wanted the .45 but there was not one is stock. I dont like to wait. If I live it maybe I will get the .45 also.

The 9 is shootable and why I bought it I do like the grip. But the 45 the grip was somewhat hurting my hand...... I have a Shield 45 and its MUCH more shootable for me anyway.

I must have missed it. Why do we hate SPFLD??? Besides their gun having a bore axis about 8 feet above your hand, that is.

pistol-bore-axis-comparison-chart-guntweaks_2_orig.png

The monthly give away is a Springfield XDS, Whats the deal with "Made in Croatia" ???????? What happened to Made In The USA???

Attachments

• XDS93345B_7.jpg
    XDS93345B_7.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 8
Springfield Armory’s polymer framed, striker fired pistols are rebranded pistols made in Croatia. They are made by HS Produkt.

The quality is very good on them IMO. I have read they make virtually all parts in house down to the springs.

Their metal framed pistols (1911 derived) are US made.

Back
Top Bottom