XD

I love the subcompact XD. Not knocking glocks, I'm a glock guy, but it would be great to own another tupperware beast.

If Jim gets the AG spot, how long before I could potentially own one of these. Looking for one of our legal savvy members to help me out on this answer. Realistically, could he repeal the consumer protections b.s. that prevents this?

Not a chance in hell. Not even on his radar screen.

Just buy it used. A week does not go by that someone is not selling one on here.

So we'll still be dealing with the approved roster and capacity limit regardless on his stance?

What kind of work would he have to do in order to repeal or make the motions to repeal it?

So we'll still be dealing with the approved roster and capacity limit regardless on his stance?

What kind of work would he have to do in order to repeal or make the motions to repeal it?

If elected, he would have some power over the AG regs and possibly the EOPS list. He would not have power over changing the rules on capacity because that's part of the AWB which is statute (put in place by the legislature and signed by a Republican governor).

ETA: My reference about the EOPS list was intended to say he could look the other way.

Last edited:
Somebody will need to sue the state of massachusetts on the grounds that the AG regulations and the EOPS list infringe upon our 2nd amendment rights.

Thats the only way that will ever change.

We give our candidates too much credit. They are politicians first and a friend to their constitutuents last. They do what they need to do to get elected and get reelected. In Mass that means not pissing off the dems.

If elected, he would have some power over the AG regs and possibly the EOPS list. He would not have power over changing the rules on capacity because that's part of the AWB which is statute (put in place by the legislature and signed by a Republican governor).

So he technically could put an xd in my hands. Nice.

How about a repeal of the AWB? What would that take?

The approved weapons roster and AWB (including magazine capacity) are out of the AG's control. The only thing that Jim could get rid of are the AG's consumer protection regulations. These are the regs (often erroneously referred to as the AG's "secret list") that prevent certain firearms from being sold by dealers in MA. For example: glocks. Glocks are on the approved weapons roster issued by the Executive Office of Public Safety, but they cannot be sold in MA because they do not meet the requirements in the AG's consumer protection regs.

Since the XD is not on the approved weapons roster, even if Jim were to get elected and repeal the regs, you could not purchase a new XD from a FFL in Ma. Certain manufacturers would likely submit their firearms for inclusion on the roster should the regs get repealed, but there is no guarantee that a specific firearm would show up on that list.

So basically we're shit out of luck on everything unless there's a perfect storm of politics and the nra getting off their asses and funding a lawsuit.

So he technically could put an xd in my hands. Nice.

How about a repeal of the AWB? What would that take?

No, Jim getting elected would have no immediate impact on your ability to purchase an XD from a Ma FFL.

For the AWB to get repealed we would need the legislature to repeal it. Passing GOAL's Mass Gun Law reform bill would be the way to go.

No, Jim getting elected would have no immediate impact on your ability to purchase an XD from a Ma FFL.

For the AWB to get repealed we would need the legislature to repeal it. Passing GOAL's Mass Gun Law reform bill would be the way to go.

I haven't read it, but I'm familiar with other states gun policies. Anything you can compare it to state wise?

I have one, it's really not all its cracked up to be. Very top heavy, snappy, and unbalanced. I prefer to shoot my Service model instead. That being said, I carry a Glock or a 1911.

I have one, it's really not all its cracked up to be. Very top heavy, snappy, and unbalanced. I prefer to shoot my Service model instead. That being said, I carry a Glock or a 1911.

Felt great in my hands when I shot it. I love my g-19 don't get me wrong, but I guess maybe it's just because I haven't been able to own an xd is the reason I want one... Telling the little kid not to push the red button....he's gonna want to push the red button.

IIRC, GOAL's bill would do nothing about the AWB. It would get rid of the EOPS roster.

IIRC, GOAL's bill would do nothing about the AWB. It would get rid of the EOPS roster.

That would require massachusetts to become a red state in order to have it repealed, correct? Being that legislation would make the motion.

Just go find one on the FTF market and buy it already. [laugh] BTW, the XD subcompact is still way larger than a G26/27/33 is, so you'll likely be disappointed with an XD sub.

BTW, the AG's regs isn't what blocks the XD from dealer sale. They're not even on the EOPS roster. That's defined by law, and it would take a legislative action to remove it. The AG can't get rid of the EOPS regs.

Of course, if the AG's regs went, springfield might actually bother certifying their guns for sale in MA....

-Mike

He could eliminate the AG's gun sales regulations: 940 CMR 16.00: http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=cagoter...t&f=government_Regulations_940CMR16&csid=Cago

But the Approved Firearms Roster and capacity limit are statutory issues. They can only be removed by the legislature and/or legal action. The AG can't eliminate them.

How is the XD sub-compact way larger than a G26?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom