Xbox kinetic..is it worth it?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm curious to see the answers as well. My 10 year old wants xbox, and i am wondering if I should get the kinect with it..

W

wolf223

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
my soon to be 11 year old will get some P90X and me screaming at him to clean his room!

[rofl] okay, i'm curious as well.... mostly for me.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I'm gonna hold off on the Kinect. I read a bunch of reviews and although they were not bad there is a lot of improvement to be made.

Apparently there is a lag, and the faster you move the more it lags. Another issue is spectators, it will sometimes get "confused" if a spectator walks in front of it.

I'll give it a year or so and then get it.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Jen.....if you go the bundle, you can add a refurb hard drive later and still save a bunch of $$

My wife actually suggested getting the bundle and having a 2nd xbox around...

Tinfoil hat for pics not included though

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
There was another thread on this a couple days ago.
I got one a couple days after they released. The Kinect sports game is awesome.
I have had a bunch of my buddies and my wife and her friends playing that at my house a few times already. The boxing is awesome, as well as the bowling and table tennis. Haven't really played the other games that much but the sports game is well worth it.
I haven't noticed a lot of lag and even when it is there it is very consistent and you almost intuitively adjust to it. The table tennis game was one that I noticed some lag but I adjusted to swing the paddle earlier without missing a beat.
I'll be picking up a few more games for it over the next month or so and I'll post if I find a winner.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Ok....so I was in Milford Bestbuy today and they had a kinetic demo setup. After playing with it for 10mins, I'm impressed. Now the sucky part.......I have been looking for stand alone kinetic units since black friday. No luck.....Gamestop has no clue when they will get more in. Best buy is hit or miss (just missed a few today) so I bit bullet and bought the 4Gb Xbox w/Kinetic package. Looks like theater room will get a xbox also.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
They are going to be tough to find for sure. They are pretty fun though....that is, once you kinect proof your living room. It does not like the couch or coffee table too close to it so some rearranging may be necessary

flintoid

Banned
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
One of my buddies got it. It's pretty cool controlling your xbox and ESPN with just your hands, and the voice commands are kind of sweet.

When he and I are trying to command his TV with it, I always win because he's indian and the xbox kinect is racist. It does a better job of picking up my pasty white skin over his, so it prefers whitey over dark people. It turns into hilarity after a few beers and the racial slurs start dropping directed at the xbox.

As for games, it's pretty fun if dancing around your living room is your thing. The fitness game I could see it being incredibly useful for.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Okay....so for those that have bought the kinetic only kit. If you are using it with a new slim xbox I bet you have a usb power adapter sitting around not being used.

1. Does it look like the USB powered hub that came with Rockband a few years back?
2. Do you want to sell it to me? I have an older xbox I want to be able to use kinetic with and need this power adapter.

Thanks!!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have the ushape fitness game, and adventures. also tried dance central. I enjoy the fitness game as it gets me to actualy get up and move around on video game night (most fridays friends come over to play video games at my place) and it has a few games that are entertaining and challenging. The dance central, although silly and slightly embaressing at first, is alot of fun once you get into it.

Top Bottom