X3 magnifier recommendation.

I’m looking for a x3 magnifier with a swing-away QD mount under $150 that height matches to an Eotech EXPS3.

I “was” looking at an affordable Primary Arms then read reviews stating that the mount is not centered on the rail by about 1/8” inch. I can’t have that!!!!! I’m not OCD but that would still drive me crazy.

Years ago I bought some $39. one from eBay but the hinge pin has SO much slop in it that moves so much I can’t see the dot.

I was thinking about just a better mount but this cheap x3 doesn’t have an adjustment.

Normally I’d do the search myself (I LOVE THE HUNT) but my laptop died last month when it tried to auto-load Win 10 and it’s not restorable now. So I’m stuck with my work iPad which is SO MUCH slower.

RC

I have a Vortex and EO Tech magnifiers and am pretty happy with them. I also hear good things about Burris.

I’ll check Vortex. I’m not Mass. rich so no EoTech. The magnifier is over $200 what I paid for the red dot.

RC

I’ve got a 3x with 1x Red Dot and a 1x-6x Low Power Variable Optic on two rifles and am still debating. But find the latter pretty useful.

if can wait until black friday there will be sales including the G33. there's also a $100 rebate running through the end of 2019. so if patient you may be able to do well on a G33. for some reason Grabagun tends to have excellent prices on Eotech stuff.

rebate info

it's the only one I own so I can't comment on the others. it seems both the PA or vortex magnifiers work well. mostly you'd be dropping some extra $$ in upgrading the mount. i think either way woud try to wait until black friday as one can undoubtedly one can do great and i suspect this year online gun businesses will be running fantastic sales.

Your budget doesn't leave you many quality options. Amazon has lots of Chinese crap optics to choose from, but remember: you get what you pay for, Good luck!

The Vortex VMX 3T is usable but the eye relief is poor. It's often on sale for under $150.

Agreed. The EOTech has better eye relief and a better mechanism to flip the magnifier to the side. I also think the glass is better.

Any thoughts of an etched reticle device like the Vortex Spitfire 3X? I have one of those too and I like it a lot.

I know $150. Is very limiting but there seems to be a jump from there to $400 and up with nothing in the middle.
UNDER $200 is more realistic.

As far as being patient, I’m the KING of that. After searching and waiting 6 months I found an Eo Tech EXPS3-4 for under $350 NIB.

I have Chinese crap and although the unit is fine the mount is total crap. If I get a new mount then the unit may not align and there is no adjustment. I’m liking the vortex so far.

Thanks for mentioning Black Friday, I keep forgetting that.
I get about 12 gun sale emails a day. I’ll have to check them more closely.

RC

I know $150. Is very limiting but there seems to be a jump from there to $400 and up with nothing in the middle.
UNDER $200 is more realistic.

As far as being patient, I’m the KING of that. After searching and waiting 6 months I found an Eo Tech EXPS3-4 for under $350 NIB.

I have Chinese crap and although the unit is fine the mount is total crap. If I get a new mount then the unit may not align and there is no adjustment. I’m liking the vortex so far.

Thanks for mentioning Black Friday, I keep forgetting that.
I get about 12 gun sale emails a day. I’ll have to check them more closely.

RC

Damn - where did you get a EXPS3-4 for that price?

I actually can’t remember. It may have been eBay. And NO it’s not an airsoft copy. I registered it with EOTech.
I was lead to believe that it was a broken up sight and magnifier that somebody bought at a low price and then sold separately.

RC

while I think between black friday and the eotech $100 rebate you'll probably be able to make out well with a G33, if the budget is around $200 personally I would consider the primary arms LER with an ADM mount

in terms of cheek height relative to an EXPS, to be on the safe side I would just call ADM and ask them which model will line up best. i'm guessing the lower 1/3 model although I'm not certain.

Thanks for all the help.
I found a used Vortex VMX3 magnifier with a Vortex labeled American Defense QD swing away mount on Gunbroker for $100.
I need it for deer hunting so I couldn’t wait till Black Friday.

Thanks Squib308 for mentioning American Defense. After watching a quick vid I liked how it moves and snap-locks out of the way.

RC

Back
Top Bottom