• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wyoming introduces bill to make any gun bans unenforceable.

http://legisweb.state.wy.us/2013/Introduced/HB0104.pdf

AN ACT relating to firearms; providing that any federal law which attempts to ban a semi-automatic firearm or to limit the size of a magazine of a firearm or other limitation on firearms in this state shall be unenforceable in Wyoming; providing a penalty; and providing for an effective date.

If only I could find a job in that state... Thats the best place on the planet. I'll be back to live out there one day.

The enforceability aspect cuts both ways. If the state hung tough and told the feds to f**k off, any SCOTUS decision is moot. These are interesting times.

The enforceability aspect cuts both ways. If the state hung tough and told the feds to f**k off, any SCOTUS decision is moot. These are interesting times.

And then we would see where the loyalty of Congress would be. If they are loyal to the feds, then they will cut off federal funding to WY. If not, then more interesting things would be about to happen.

And then we would see where the loyalty of Congress would be. If they are loyal to the feds, then they will cut off federal funding to WY. If not, then more interesting things would be about to happen.

Fine. Cut it off. I'm sure Wyoming is rich enough in natural resources that they could manage without the fed $$. It would be time to scale it back, set up a reasonable state tax code, and manage their own affairs.

I went to college there, and for years I've been sorry I wound up here. I bought my first gun in Laramie (at a small sporting-goods store) and everyone else in the place paid no more attention than if I'd been buying sunflower seeds.

Memories...

I went to college there, and for years I've been sorry I wound up here. I bought my first gun in Laramie (at a small sporting-goods store) and everyone else in the place paid no more attention than if I'd been buying sunflower seeds.

Memories...
Wyotech?

Why I ever moved out of Wyoming to come to mass is beyond me..... Wouldn't mind packing up and heading back out there.

U DUB! I went to Wyotech in '02...we used to try to sneak into as many uw parties as possible, because the tech parties were sausage fests. I had some fun out there, but the winters were brutal.

If there's a "crappiest" part of Laramie, that's the neighborhood where they put Wyotech. I sympathize.

The Pokes had better beat Boise St tonight...

U DUB! I went to Wyotech in '02...we used to try to sneak into as many uw parties as possible, because the tech parties were sausage fests. I had some fun out there, but the winters were brutal.

EXACTLY! "I have 500 acres of land, 50 gallons of gas, a gallon of moonshine, and a snowmobile...today just got interesting." ...plus the ability to setup a 1,000+ yard range in your yard without your neighbor even hearing the shots is always welcome.

One of my ROTC instructors knew a landowner just north of town who'd let us head up to his place and shoot the battalion's M-60s. No notice, no range flag, no paperwork, no nothing. And this was only about 15 years ago. I'll bet the only difference now is that they've probably got M240Bs.

GREAT place to be.

I know the free staters narrowed their search down to two state, NH and WY. The direction NH has gone in the last few elections I think they should have chosen WY for their project.

Went to Wyotech as well. Wasnt a fan of constant 50 mph winds everyday. If I ever went back to Wyoming it wouldnt be to Laramie.

It's bizarre that this law uses the term "magazine" to refer to large capacity feeding devices. They're weird out there.

Back
Top Bottom