• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wyoming Hunter Shoots Self While Fighting Off Grizzly Attack

I'm not going to make fun of the guy. I'm guessing he saw a grizzly coming at him, started shooting while backing away, tripped, fell, kept shooting as he fell, and one round hit his leg. Most MA keyboard commandos laughing at him would've been eaten, while their transgender son started tweeting for help.

Why the handgun? I would have engaged with the long gun. Rifles and shotguns are so much more powerful and inflict much more devastating wounds.
The article did not mention what they were hunting or what they had for equipment. Just that he had shot himself in the lower leg.
He may have been handgun hunting?

1666755893843.png

but... If he shot himself in the leg with a hand-cannon...

He'd be a Pirate now...

1666756121944.png

I'm not going to make fun of the guy. I'm guessing he saw a grizzly coming at him, started shooting while backing away, tripped, fell, kept shooting as he fell, and one round hit his leg. Most MA keyboard commandos laughing at him would've been eaten, while their transgender son started tweeting for help.
Yup.

When real life happens often shit doesnā€™t go as planned.. Shooting yourself accidentally will be in Malled is a reasonable excuse..

Shooting yourself while training is a completely different story.

Nerves man! 1986, Vermont, sitting, loud crashing coming my way, stood up, WTF I'm thinking, suddenly a bear flys out of the brush on a dead run no more than 10 yds in front of me. Running from something or someone and not at me intentionally but still startled the heck out of me. I fired 3 shots and he went down on the 3rd shot. 1954 Savage EG in the 300 Savage. Walked up to the bear, DOA, went to unload my rifle, its empty, WTF I'm thinking? I retrace my steps to where I fired, all in a row, 6 shells, 3 fired, 3 unfired, all in a fired, unfired sequence. I fired every other round and ejected every other live round. I had to laugh at myself and I'm thinking nerves got me on this one!

True story.

Reporting sucks !!

Francis was hunting with his son in an area south of Grand Teton National Park on Friday evening when the bear attacked him. He was able to fire several rounds from his handgun, causing the bear to run away, but one of the rounds hit Francis in the lower leg, the sheriffā€™s office said.

How?

Ive read at least one other bear attack story where the human was on their back after tripping or getting knocked on their ass by the bear, accidentally got their foot between the gun and the bear.
Try lying on your back, then lean forward and bring your arms together like you have two hands on a gun. Your feet naturally lift up.

Nerves man! 1986, Vermont, sitting, loud crashing coming my way, stood up, WTF I'm thinking, suddenly a bear flys out of the brush on a dead run no more than 10 yds in front of me. Running from something or someone and not at me intentionally but still startled the heck out of me. I fired 3 shots and he went down on the 3rd shot. 1954 Savage EG in the 300 Savage. Walked up to the bear, DOA, went to unload my rifle, its empty, WTF I'm thinking? I retrace my steps to where I fired, all in a row, 6 shells, 3 fired, 3 unfired, all in a fired, unfired sequence. I fired every other round and ejected every other live round. I had to laugh at myself and I'm thinking nerves got me on this one!

True story.
Would you have been able to type this if all you had was a handgun? [smile]

Great story!

Ive read at least one other bear attack story where the human was on their back after tripping or getting knocked on their ass by the bear, accidentally got their foot between the gun and the bear.
Try lying on your back, then lean forward and bring your arms together like you have two hands on a gun. Your feet naturally lift up.
Could have actually been the situation reported in this thread. šŸ¤”

Obviously we all need to practice the Spetsnaz Somersault Tomahawk throw. Just in case.

View: https://youtu.be/qCGXBxpc_X4

I was thinking when he drew his gun. But only he knows, or maybe not.

Back
Top Bottom