www.massachusettsgunsafety.com

I give him credit for listing the towns that require live fire and do not accept the cert from his course, but deduct points for stating the LTC007 class "is required" rather than "is one of the courses accepted", and deduct another point for the implication in his text that firing live ammo is dangerous. And finally a third point for mentioning "safety regulations" without a cite (could just be a memo he wrote to himself). That being said, I have no reason to question his competence or skill as an instructor.

If you are close to me I do one one one Firearm Safety programs. You can sit in at no charge. My NRA safey + is a very comprehensive program .Contact me if you interested . I am not only a NRA certified instructor I I am also a retired S&W firearms and instructor
John

I do these classes iny home and I have just done one for Anotholigy check with him about the class

Last edited:
Perhaps OP should go with the Ms., and audit the course, then report back?

I have no issue with a "For the cert" class, if there's a sensei. Both my kids got the FID with the Hunter Ed card, but both were competent, from osmotic training.

I second the suggestion to audit the course. I went this route with my wife taking a course, 50% because she didn't want to just go alone. The place we went had a policy that you could sit it without paying, and you just didn't get the certificate or get to do the live fire. Their sell on paying to get the certificate halted pretty much immediately when I pulled out my LTC.

My opinion is the amount I cared about the quality of the training was tied to how much my wife had to actually learn. For my case it was a check box to have the cert as she already knew more about guns than you learn in an afternoon class and I had already covered more MA legal info with her than the course would.

I have to give that website a strong negative for having the following large print headline at the top:

Get MA LTC Certified Quickly And Fire A Real Gun in
Our Life-like Shooting Simulator!​

Then in other places, and in smaller print, it clarifies that no real guns are fired in this course. In fact, students in this course will never handle live ammo. So no guns are fired, period. It should say, "handle real guns, and simulate firing them."

As soon as I saw simulator, I doubted there was any live fire, and I looked for the details. I don't think any beginners would know what to look for, and they would most likely believe the headline.

Note that I have no problems about the nature of the course. I am against required training, and since it does exist in Mass, I believe it should be as simple as possible. If the simulator makes training more available and convenient for people, then I support it, but it should be clearly labelled.

Back
Top Bottom