• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WWII K98 "Last Ditch"

Matched late war pieces do fetch a premium over mid-war and common codes. Similarly matched early-war and Banner Mausers also fetch a premium. My svwMB (Mauser) was produced within the last two weeks of the war. Calculated German svwMB production was about 10,000 b-blocks and 2,500 c-blocks (mine is 9301c) before the French occupied Mauser and produced another 10,000 blocks and 25,550 c-blocks to rearm French forces. It is worth about twice the average matched K98 Mauser.

T

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 50
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
From the picture it is in the correct configuration (Kriegsmodel), and in nice shape. Blue is correct for a bnz45 q-block. SN should match on the barrel, bolt, bolt shroud, firing pin, and cocking piece. Stock, bands, floorplate, and safety unnumbered. IF real...around $2K.

T

Last edited:
Also keep in mind there's a really scarce Last Ditch variant the VK-98. Most were destroyed since they were so poor in construction and quality. When they pop up, they go for an alarmingly expensive pricetag.

Well, I don't have any "VK's" in the collection. I don't think I would have been to happy being issued one of those towards the end of the war. I added this bnz45 to my collection awhile ago, and was curious to its value. I do have 5 other matching K98's, one of which is a walnut stock. Those have a real nice look to them.
We should plan a get together at a club sometime and bring out our C&R rifles.

You guys are a treasure trove of info. I don't collect mil surp but have an interest, I get more detailed, to the point info right here...nice.

Back
Top Bottom