• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WWII 45 Pistol Training Film

As well as the well-known "stand in the middle of the circle with everyone pointing their gun at you" technique.
Things were different back then, at least according to my dad. Also, notice no eye or ear pro.

As for the archaic grips, my dad, when we was pushing 80 and I went to the range. We had his pre-War 1911A1. One handed, with the full complement of geezerlyness (bad eyesight, less than steady hands), he was outshooting me, one-handed v. me young, good-eyed two-handed grip. With WW ONE ammo. [laugh]

Also, he told me that 45 tracer was "intended" for night-firing training, but of course it migrated everywhere. [rofl]

Things were different back then, at least according to my dad. Also, notice no eye or ear pro.

As for the archaic grips, my dad, when we was pushing 80 and I went to the range. We had his pre-War 1911A1. One handed, with the full complement of geezerlyness (bad eyesight, less than steady hands), he was outshooting me, one-handed v. me young, good-eyed two-handed grip. With WW ONE ammo. [laugh]

Also, he told me that 45 tracer was "intended" for night-firing training, but of course it migrated everywhere. [rofl]
That's why they say "Safety rules are written in blood."

Im surrounded by old shooters that still out shoot most on the line

Yes 10th he had lots of stories on the training.
He says they picked him because of Scandinavian decent and assumed he knew how to ski
After his training he knew how to ski

Back
Top Bottom