• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WWI/WWII NES Shoot

Would You Attend a WWI/WWII Shoot?

• Yes

Votes: 83 94.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I like modern firearms

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BREWINZ

NES Member
I'd like to organize a shoot with WWI and WWII rifles and pistols. Not a competition, but just a chance for everyone to get together and shoot something that they are interested in (sharing is required). Perhaps some people would like to shoot with others that have firearms from the same era. Some may see it as an opportunity to fire a weapon they can't afford. I'll keep an open mind and I'm up for suggestions.

I'll ask my club if you'll ask yours. Any interest?

I would attend, depending upon my schedule and the location. I think the usual fall NES shoot may not happen, so it would be good to have a get-together event to attend. The rifle range at my club lacks parking and is generally too small to host something like this- sorry.

I'd be in as long as the schedule works out. I've been trying to make a shoot with an M1 but so far no luck - a casual shoot and meeting other NES'ers sounds great.

Tentatively in. Would like to try an Arisaka and maybe an M1 carbine and some other stuff. WW1 stuff would be cool, too. Have four (five you if count the two M1s separately) WW2 items that I could bring.

Just thinking out loud here... What if your Garand was made in the 50s? It's no different from the WWII ones even though it was made afterwards. Or 1911s for that matter - is a milspec base model these days any different from a true GI gun? Should this be limited by production year and stated as such? Again, just brainstorming.

Anyways, I'd be interested for sure.

If i can get around life schedule i will go. Bring some extra stuff to share.
Only been to one mil surp get together Shooting consisted of 5 steel targets placed at 25 50 75 and 2@100 . 2 at each max hits won some tickets for the winners raffle. That was about 15 years ago. They never did it a gain and they had about 80 shooters and 40 guests

I don't own any wwI/wwII stuff but if I did I certainly would participate, or try to. it would be fun to just go anyway to check out the other folks stuff. and no, I didn't vote, didn't want to taint the results.

I have rifles and handguns from most of the countries involved. I also have an 1897 Winchester pump and a 1928 Thompson which I can bring if the club allows full auto.
Oh geez, haha is your Thompson before the reduced the rate of fire? Those things are crazy. Think Thompsons are a bit overrated by and large, but still cool as hell.
That being said I'd definitely wanna go. Could bring out a couple toys.

Adding to the brainstorming...

The event can be kept simple if it's bring your own food and beverages. A small fee to benefit the host club seems in order. For those with a club capable of hosting, liability waivers are typically signed for such events in case that helps to allay some concerns.

Just thinking out loud here... What if your Garand was made in the 50s? It's no different from the WWII ones even though it was made afterwards. Or 1911s for that matter - is a milspec base model these days any different from a true GI gun? Should this be limited by production year and stated as such? Again, just brainstorming.

Anyways, I'd be interested for sure.

I wasn't looking to limit it based on year of production. A Garand is still a Garand if made in the 1950's.

Adding to the brainstorming...

The event can be kept simple if it's bring your own food and beverages. A small fee to benefit the host club seems in order. For those with a club capable of hosting, liability waivers are typically signed for such events in case that helps to allay some concerns.

Awesome feedback.

I don't own any wwI/wwII stuff but if I did I certainly would participate, or try to. it would be fun to just go anyway to check out the other folks stuff. and no, I didn't vote, didn't want to taint the results.

You don't need to own anything related. That's kind of the point! You could come and shoot some nice stuff.

What would be the target of choice? One of the reasons the Monadnock shoots are so popular is that people get to shoot the crap out of an old car, or a slew of evil pumpkins. Just shooting at paper targets is not going to get you the draw that a club would be looking for. So make sure to give this some thought.

As to the shoot, count me in. Normal caveat on schedule.

A WARNING!

If you bring all these WWI and WWII Defenders of Liberty together in ONE LOCATION the Earth WILL move, the ground will SPLIT, FIRE and BRIMSTONE will ensue.
These Brothers-In-Arms have not seen each other since they were in-Theater up to a Century ago. The rifle you fire on the line may be next to its Brother that fought in the Sands of
El Alamein, the Mountains of Monte Cassino, the Forests of Hurtgen to the fields in Flanders, from the Shores of Normany to Mt Surabachi in Iwo.
When it hears its Brothers Bark it will know it, like a child knows its Mothers heartbeat. The Clarion Call will sound and the March on Washington will begin!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

That said...IN!

f96b56dd73d6f181c6abb60b4c12517e.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom