1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

WW2 German 98K Rifle, Israeli Convert to 7.62 NATO/.308, Mint bore

Discussion in 'WTS/WTT Rifles' started by hiker45acp, Aug 22, 2019.

1. hiker45acp

hiker45acp NES Member

Behind Enemy Lines (Peoples Republik of MA)
    WW2 German 98K Carbine, "337" code (Gustloff-Werke Plant, Weimar Germany), dated 1940. Laminated Stock with correct excellent condition replacement leather sling. This is a captured Israeli conversion to 7.62 NATO/.308 Winchester. The Israeli's stamped out the waffen marks on receiver. They re-barreled them (why the bore is so mint) and stamped 7.62 on the receiver and the stock. Different variants of these can be found some with the Israeli crest on the receiver. This has a small Israeli Star stamped on top of receiver. This is an excellent example as they saw very hard use with the Israeli Army when in service. This is also an excellent shooter, nice action. I have the sight hood for this, did not put it on for the photos, I keep it off when I shoot it. Hard to find in this condition. Usually they are in very ratty condition, bad bores or oil saturated stocks. One thing for sure these saw a lot of History. This is import marked. This came out of a very large Mauser collection in Ohio back in the 90s and I have had it since. Perfect mate for someone who shoots a lot of 7.62 Nato out of tactical rifles, this will handle all the cheap ammo or misfires too.
    No tire kicking here you either know what it is or don't bother.
    Was at the Concord NH gun show today and found one of these and they were asking $950 for it, crazy but now I know my price is fair.

Price: $650.00 cash. Trades?,...Maybe.
    Terms: C&R FFL holders can do transfer at my club in Milford, MA., C&R to C&R. or e-FA10 transfer at my dealer, MA Firearms in Holliston MA. Split any fee.
    IMG_6615.JPG IMG_6616.JPG IMG_6617.JPG IMG_6619.JPG IMG_6623.JPG IMG_6626.JPG IMG_6621.JPG IMG_6630.JPG IMG_6637.JPG IMG_6631.JPG
    Statement of Legal compliance:
    I will comply with all Federal and State Laws. If the firearm is to be shipped, you must provide me with a signed copy of your dealer's FFL (or your 03FFL if this is a Curio and Relic). For private party face-to-face transactions (only permitted by Fed law when both buyer and seller live in same state), I will meet all applicable state and federal laws.

When ammunition, magazines or other regulated items are sold/bought or traded as part of this transaction, I agree to follow all applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to these items.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    Lockmitre, Feral, dspigs0705 and 3 others like this.

2. hiker45acp

hiker45acp NES Member

Bump...……….

3. hiker45acp

hiker45acp NES Member

Bump...……….

4. hiker45acp

hiker45acp NES Member