1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

WW2 first person shooters?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SKS Ray, Jan 30, 2006.

1. SKS Ray

SKS Ray Moderator NES Member

Does anyone else here play WW2 first person shooters on PC like Call of Duty? I'm a member of one of the top ranked clans for COD UO and we run a family orientated server with tight but fair rules.
    I don't know if this has been covered on here before, but if it hasn't I figured i'd throw out an invite for anyone looking to play.

2. C-pher

C-pher

Have you played Battlefield 1942 or Battlefield 2?

3. SKS Ray

I tried Battlefield Vietnam but I just couldn't get into using crosshairs rather than the weapon's actual sites like the Call of Duty series has. We usd to run a Battlefield Vietnam server but have been just running COD UO and COD 2 with mods added to each. Our COD UO server has a modern weapons mod where the British guns are all modern, example the Enfield is an AK47, the Silenced Sten is an MP5, and the US M1 Carbine is actually an M2, plus the pistols have been replaced with Mac 11s, Sigs, and Desert Eagles. :D

4. C-pher

C-pher

I've never played Battlefield 'Nam. But I really loved 1942 when I was playing it.

I haven't played 1942 since the fan on my Video sized and fryed my motherboard. Just haven't built another system.

But my buddy who likes the War FPS's loves Battlefield 2.

5. Len-2A Training

Len-2A Training Instructor Instructor NES Life Member NES Member

Seems to be about games, thus Off-Topic seems more appropriate forum to me. I'm moving this thread there.

6. tele_mark

tele_mark

I play COD, but have only had it a few weeks, so haven't played online yet. If you can put up with a newbie, I'd like to try your server.

Mark

7. Kalahari

Kalahari

I have the CoD's and Day of Defeat: Source...Great games, nice time wasters on the weekends and playing with friends.

8. Producer

Producer NES Member

I probably spend about 20 hours a week Playing CS:S and could never get into DoD. (about 2 years of playing now)

I just dislike the games where you just bearly win in a battle (you have 5 Health left) and then those to the same people you killed as they respawn with full health in 20 secs.

CS is done great with 3 min games and when you die, you die. It has modern weapons and Team work. I am making a hobbie of buying every gun thats in the game. So far, I got (loosely) the Glock, Mac, AK and Shotgun.

As far as WWII games, I have not seen much lately except CoD. Use to love BF1942, and when they come out with the WWII MOD for BF2, I will try it out. But it ain't comming anytime soon.

9. SKS Ray

http://www.disbanded-brothers.com/dbb/index.php

Theres a link to the gaming clan that i'm a member of. My in game name is Otis Driftwood. Server IPs are located there and if you join a game, just read the rules as they scroll during gameplay and don't be afraid to ask any questions if you don't understand any of them. :D

10. tele_mark

tele_mark

Awesome! I'll try to get up and running. My screen name will be the same as on here. Try not to fill me too full of lead, lol!

11. Cptn5spd

Cptn5spd

I have been playing Counter Strike Source (CS:S) for a while now, I am a member to one of the top clans JediForces, also a clan with firm rules. We like it clean no swearing, cheating,..ect. this helps make the game more fun and you cancel out all the younger players that are disrespectful.

Our link www.Jediforces.net

12. Kalahari

Kalahari

CS:S is great. Need to fix those hitboxes badly though.