• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WTS out of state

Hey guys I’m looking to sell a bolt gun to a buddy in Michigan, they don’t require any paperwork to sell long guns. It is currently registered to myself in MA. I asked a couple gun shops and get different answers one said send it to his FFL and thats it, the other said I need to the paperwork as if I was selling to someone else in MA and then ship gun from a MA FFL to his MI FFL. Anyone have any experience with this?

have him find a local FFL that will accept the gun from you for transfer.

Some FFL's are not inclined to take a direct shipped gun from anyone but a FFL.

SHip the gun to the FFL, make sure you follow the shippers rules and insist on tracking numbers

The reality is it is easier to pay a local FFL near you to ship it to another FFL

Last edited:
If you have an FFL ship it for you, you can do an eFA-10 to that dealer, but if you ship it to his FFL there is no eFA-10 that covers it.

If you have an FFL ship it for you, you can do an eFA-10 to that dealer, but if you ship it to his FFL there is no eFA-10 that covers it.
No eFA-10 needs to be done in either case. Get some documentation from the dealer and put it with your eFA-10 from purchasing it and done.

Back
Top Bottom