Wtf wareham pd

I don’t except this excuse. I come into contact with the public daily for my job a federal job in low income housing. I’m in peoples apartment almost daily. I can’t just say no I’m not doing it. This isn’t even a uniform response to liscencing in all towns and city in mass, just some. Im not trying to be aggressive in my response to you personally if it comes off this way. This doesn’t even personally effect me but a close friend. It’s a constitutional right and I’d say if someone is scared to do their job which guarantees a constitutional right than they need to step aside. These same cops who are scared to fingerprint for ltc’s are also fingerprinting criminals. that argument doesn’t hold water.

I get it dude. It sucks but people are just trying to survive this shit. First responders are getting their vaccine shots now. My first shot is next Wednesday. It won’t be long.

They've had these print scanners on all the CSI shows for like 10 years.
Tell your PD to "Get with the times..."

IgnorantNegligibleAmericangoldfinch-max-1mb.gif

Insist on speaking directly with the Dispatcher...

1611366948027.png

Wareham is usually not bad, but my renewal took FOREVER. I got the stuff to them in the mail, as directed, before my license was up. It took them two months to actually put the info in and get the receipt issued, which put me past my date and thus sitting without a valid license for another 2 months before it finally came in.

They've had these print scanners on all the CSI shows for like 10 years.
Tell your PD to "Get with the times..."

View attachment 439773

Insist on speaking directly with the Dispatcher...

View attachment 439782
Those scanners are why my PD stopped doing fingerprints. You can’t disinfect them. It’s some weird rubber type material and all you can do to clean them is to use these special pads that remove the grease, but not the germs.

Those scanners are why my PD stopped doing fingerprints. You can’t disinfect them. It’s some weird rubber type material and all you can do to clean them is to use these special pads that remove the grease, but not the germs.
I'm no genius, but couldn't you just disinfect the fingers before they hit the scanner screen...?

Last edited:
Happened to a friend. I took him shooting in January. He applied in Boston in February then COVID shut down.

He then decided to move to CO, it was September/October and he still didn't have his license here. But now he is fine out there, he is gun shopping.
Not that any license is needed to buy guns there, or in the vast majority of states.

Maybe they would settle for a fecal sample...?
They say it's more 'unique' than a fingerprint...
1611370285706.png
1611370374276.png

It’s not about screwing him out of his LTC, my department stopped fingerprints for a while also because of covid. Even with masks, cops have to touch your hands and stand in close proximity.

On the good side, at the height of the virus I know that some departments told guys to stop making traffic stops for BS and issue summons instead of arresting whenever possible
Sounds like your PD Dept is populated with a bunch of pussies. "Oh dear, I have to touch someones hands!" Ever hear of putting gloves on?

We'd be lucky to get 40 people to dump on the AG. [laugh]

On another note, my PD had no problem fingerprinting me last November to obtain a FL permit.
On here i think it would be a cinch to find 40 people to dump on the AG.
Lets get tacos before.
Wareham is such a sh!thole, they should give you a pistol when you move there

Last edited:
I get it dude. It sucks but people are just trying to survive this shit. First responders are getting their vaccine shots now. My first shot is next Wednesday. It won’t be long.
Still not an excuse for taking a person's money then not performing your duties.

Are there no officers who have recovered from COVID-19 that are able to do interviews and fingerprints?

The only reason they are not processing applications is the thing blue line...

So say they arrest someone for a serious violent crime. Are they not printing this person?
Of course they are.
I am sure everyone that gets charged with a crime is printed

They need to purchase machines that can be cleaned or find an alternative. It is not like these places are underfunded

I got my prints done in MA at a different department. The machine they used was glass on the top and they could clean it. He worse a mask. Put gloves on and did the prints. Took about ten seconds. He tossed the gloves and wiped down the machine

Last edited:
Wareham is usually not bad, but my renewal took FOREVER. I got the stuff to them in the mail, as directed, before my license was up. It took them two months to actually put the info in and get the receipt issued, which put me past my date and thus sitting without a valid license for another 2 months before it finally came in.

You realize that is lightening quick for MA? Right?

Legal, illegal, nobody cares anymore because nothing will be done about it.
If OP has expired license and is caught in possession of a gun, something will be done about it. Won't be pleasant. No LEO is going to ignore such a thing. He had better keep everything well hidden and locked up. If he or his wife have a medical episode, LE will be right there next to the EMTs when they enter his home.

they do this and get away with it because there is no real penalty. I would have a lawyer buddy draft a letter and send it to the chairman. He's a lawyer and should understand the severity.

It’s not about screwing him out of his LTC, my department stopped fingerprints for a while also because of covid. Even with masks, cops have to touch your hands and stand in close proximity.

On the good side, at the height of the virus I know that some departments told guys to stop making traffic stops for BS and issue summons instead of arresting whenever possible
but its part of the gig unfortunately kinda like being an ER doctor. Departments are bound by law.

So say they arrest someone for a serious violent crime. Are they not printing this person?
Of course they are.
I am sure everyone that gets charged with a crime is printed

They need to purchase machines that can be cleaned or find an alternative. It is not like these places are underfunded

I got my prints done in MA at a different department. The machine they used was glass on the top and they could clean it. He worse a mask. Put gloves on and did the prints. Took about ten seconds. He tossed the gloves and wiped down the
yup

They are not issuing licenses because they don't want to.

It ain't any more complicated than that.
yup yup

If OP has expired license and is caught in possession of a gun, something will be done about it. Won't be pleasant. No LEO is going to ignore such a thing. He had better keep everything well hidden and locked up. If he or his wife have a medical episode, LE will be right there next to the EMTs when they enter his home.
yup yup yup

but its part of the gig unfortunately kinda like being an ER doctor. Departments are bound by law.
What law? Is there a penalty if they break it? I think we all know the answer. How can that be changed? Change the law?

You realize that is lightening quick for MA? Right?

You realize that before this pandemic bullshit they were turning these around in no time flat right? My wife's initial license came through in 2 weeks from application put into computer to license in hand. Wareham has been great about this stuff until this year, and claiming "Covid" is ridiculous. It wouldn't stop them from arresting you there is no reason they should be allowed to refuse to do their job.

Unless, of course, he has the receipt that shows he renewed on time. In which case, he is to be treated as having an unexpired license. But that's ok, you're new here and are already picking up Mass-prudence perfectly. It's true that many LEOs don't know the laws, and that it's good to be safe. It's also true that you shouldn't let the risk that some theoretical cop doesn't know what he's talking about stop you from lawfully maintaining the ability to protect yourself in a theoretical life-or-death encounter. That risk-reward balance seems pretty clear to me.

You do realize that possession of an expired license, or license revoked for failure to file a change of address, is a civil offense (no prison time, just a fine) provided the person with said expired license has not become a MA PP or been denied a renewal of said license. A MA ADA tried to argue that a 15 year old expired license (it may have been an FID) no longer provides this protection because that was "obviously not the intent of the law", but the court disagreed. (It may have been non-precedent setting district court).

You do realize that possession of an expired license, or license revoked for failure to file a change of address, is a civil offense (no prison time, just a fine) provided the person with said expired license has not become a MA PP or been denied a renewal of said license. A MA ADA tried to argue that a 15 year old expired license (it may have been an FID) no longer provides this protection because that was "obviously not the intent of the law", but the court disagreed. (It may have been non-precedent setting district court).
Good to know. Wife and I are waiting on our LTCs. We understand that they will be restricted. In the meantime, our 3 small-caliber bolt action rifles and both of our 12 gauge 870s sit unloaded in our locked safe inside of our locked master bedroom closet. Is this a good plan?

Back
Top Bottom