Wtf wareham pd

A good friend of mine has been in limbo with the wareham pd in getting his ltc. They took his check for the application and deposited it 5 mo the ago. He’s followed up with them religiously. Attached is the letter he received stating it’s because of fingerprinting and “not safe” to do so now. Are they not fingerprinting criminals when they’re arrested? Who’s the decider on when it is in fact safe to get fingerprinted? Any comment on their Facebook page gets deleted. Anyone have any avenues they may help my friend would be much appreciated

Attachments

• F5ED24C2-CE88-471D-9B1A-6CE468C934BD.png
    F5ED24C2-CE88-471D-9B1A-6CE468C934BD.png
    610.6 KB · Views: 261
7E0181FB-8B22-4B28-9227-C1BA4A6D179B.gif

Last edited:
"Be Worthy of the Fight..." ~Enbloc

Contact the Wareham Board of Selectmen...!

Tell them you would like to "Resolve" this without Legal Action...
(but don't just threaten, have an attorney's name at the ready... And ask for theirs!)

Mission Statement

Adopted April 28, 2003

The Wareham Board of Selectmen will try to provide the most services possible to all the citizens of the Town of Wareham, considering the most cost effective ways to deliver those services. Through example and expression of its own commitment, the Board of Selectmen will encourage and expect that all services will be delivered courteously and at a high level of commitment to the taxpayer. The Board will identify specific service areas through goal setting for customer service, finance, natural resources, housing, infrastructure, historic preservation, and economic growth and development. The services provided must enhance the quality of life for the residents of the community.

The Board of Selectmen will endeavor to secure confidence in the leadership of the community and will actively seek to develop open lines of communication with the town’s boards and committees. The Wareham Board of Selectmen will seek opportunities to work with the leadership of other communities on projects that may conserve natural and financial resources.
Email:
Contact Board of Selectmen | Town of Wareham MA

Staff Contacts

Board Members

Contact Info

Hours of Operation:
Mon, Wed, Thurs: 8:15 am - 6:00 pm
Tues: 8:15 am - 6:30 pm
Phone:
(508) 291-3100 ext. 3101
[email protected]
Fax:
(508) 291-3124
Address:
Memorial Town Hall
54 Marion Road
Wareham, MA 02571
United States
See map: Google Maps
Meetings - When: Tuesdays
Meetings - Where: Multi-Service Room, Room 320
Meetings - Time: 7:00 pm

Last edited:
We need to play their game , be a pita use our elected and appointed officials to our needs. Lawyer up when needed.

i think every LTC holder needs to drop a letter to AG about the abuse of our rights?

just think 400k plus letters dump on our AG

We need to play their game , be a pita use our elected and appointed officials to our needs. Lawyer up when needed.

i think every LTC holder needs to drop a letter to AG about the abuse of our rights?

What do you expect the AG to do?
Inquiring minds need to know.

Nantucket got inundated with complaints (including national 2a news) when they tried this crap. They quickly reversed their position. Same needs to be done here.

We'd be lucky to get 40 people to dump on the AG. [laugh]

On another note, my PD had no problem fingerprinting me last November to obtain a FL permit.

Break the law.
Get fingerprints.

#Winning.

Joking aside, sorry you are going through this OP. Slme chiefs are c*nts. This one is one of them.

Break the law.
Get fingerprints.

#Winning.

Joking aside, sorry you are going through this OP. Slme chiefs are c*nts. This one is one of them.
The double standard is unreal right. I took my buddy who is going through this shooting over the summer and he got hooked and started the process to get a license. Now he has to watch from the sidelines as guns double in price and ammo now requires a donateable organ as a down payment. Pd’s don’t care, they will drag their feet until the pressure gets to much. Costs them nothing and the average American citizen time, money, and constitutional rights

The double standard is unreal right. I took my buddy who is going through this shooting over the summer and he got hooked and started the process to get a license. Now he has to watch from the sidelines as guns double in price and ammo now requires a donateable organ as a down payment. Pd’s don’t care, they will drag their feet until the pressure gets to much. Costs them nothing and the average American citizen time, money, and constitutional rights
Happened to a friend. I took him shooting in January. He applied in Boston in February then COVID shut down.

He then decided to move to CO, it was September/October and he still didn't have his license here. But now he is fine out there, he is gun shopping.

The Chiefs in this stste are unbelievable.

In addition to everything above, contact the Town Accountant and ask how you can get a refund for services which were not rendered. This will open up some conversations between financial and admin, then admin and licensing.

4542d00aab809efdef05a3f2171acba0.png

Last edited:
It’s not about screwing him out of his LTC, my department stopped fingerprints for a while also because of covid. Even with masks, cops have to touch your hands and stand in close proximity.

On the good side, at the height of the virus I know that some departments told guys to stop making traffic stops for BS and issue summons instead of arresting whenever possible

"Be Worthy of the Fight..." ~Enbloc

Contact the Wareham Board of Selectmen...!

Tell them you would like to "Resolve" this without Legal Action...
(but don't just threaten, have an attorney's name at the ready... And ask for theirs!)

Email:
Contact Board of Selectmen | Town of Wareham MA

Staff Contacts

Board Members

Contact Info

Hours of Operation:
Mon, Wed, Thurs: 8:15 am - 6:00 pm
Tues: 8:15 am - 6:30 pm
Phone:
(508) 291-3100 ext. 3101
[email protected]
Fax:
(508) 291-3124
Address:
Memorial Town Hall
54 Marion Road
Wareham, MA 02571
United States
See map: Google Maps
Meetings - When: Tuesdays
Meetings - Where: Multi-Service Room, Room 320
Meetings - Time: 7:00 pm
This, all day long.

It’s not about screwing him out of his LTC, my department stopped fingerprints for a while also because of covid. Even with masks, cops have to touch your hands and stand in close proximity.

On the good side, at the height of the virus I know that some departments told guys to stop making traffic stops for BS and issue summons instead of arresting whenever
I don’t except this excuse. I come into contact with the public daily for my job a federal job in low income housing. I’m in peoples apartment almost daily. I can’t just say no I’m not doing it. This isn’t even a uniform response to liscencing in all towns and city in mass, just some. Im not trying to be aggressive in my response to you personally if it comes off this way. This doesn’t even personally effect me but a close friend. It’s a constitutional right and I’d say if someone is scared to do their job which impacts a constitutional right than they need to step aside. These same cops who are scared to fingerprint for ltc’s are also fingerprinting criminals. that argument doesn’t hold water.

Back
Top Bottom