• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WTF!! This is aggravating me.. Damn stripper clips.

I bought Tikka stripper clips from tickbite for my M39 & the things don't fit?

Something isn't right.. Either the magazine is wrong or messed up, or the stripper clips are wrong... it goes into guides at top, but that's as far as it goes

There is a tutorial somewhere on line on how to use these. They are a pain to say the least. IIRC you have to pull up on the top round and then push down. I can usually get mine to work but it isnt like a Mauser or a Springfield.

There is a tutorial somewhere on line on how to use these. They are a pain to say the least. IIRC you have to pull up on the top round and then push down. I can usually get mine to work but it isnt like a Mauser or a Springfield.

I'm not so sure that's the problem. It won't go past the top of the receiver. Seems the clip is either too wide, or the magazine is too thin. Don't know if tickbite sent the wrong clip or if this M39's been modified or has incorrect trigger guard? It's a bit crazy around here right now, but I'll take some photos later to show what I mean. Shouldn't an empty stripper clip be able to slide right in?

If I push harder, seems extremely tight fit & that something will get damaged.

Unless they're originals, Mosin Nagant stripper clips are notorious for just plain not working. There is a way you have to stack the rounds in them, much like there is a way you have to stack 303 British rounds in their clips.
FWIW when it comes to stripper clips the only rifles I use them in are SKSs and Mauser types. I have some K31 chartgers but have never used them. Mainly because they're too cool, and too collectable because after all they're cardboard.[grin]

Tikka clip loading Finn rifle, please excuse the cosmoline.

mosinclips-vi.jpg

It should fit about like this.
They really don't work all that well, typical of most strippers.

ETA-Well it seems the guys over on THR got it to work:
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=235794

Last edited:
I'm wondering if something's wrong with my ejector. This seems to be what's stopping clip from going in, but even if I push it back, clip still won't go in smooth. The clip fits in guide, but won't go beyond ejector. I hope I didn't F up my ejector.

4zemjx3.jpg

The ejector sticks out a bit. Is it supposed to stick out like this?

well, I took the ejector out & the clip still don't go in. I took of trigger guard & it don't even fit in there either?

Forgive me, but I'm used to shooting single shots & muzzle loaders & this is new to me, but is the whole clip supposed to go in, or do I just slide the cartridges off it into the magazine?

The ejector has a spring that keeps pressure on it and makes it stick out. Rounds should slide past it with a little resistance.
Most stripper clips just sit barely in the receiver allowing the rounds to strip off into the mag well. Maybe you're trying to seat the clip in too deep. If that doesn't work, try adjusting the tabs on one of the clips to ease the tension on them.

The ejector has a spring that keeps pressure on it and makes it stick out. Rounds should slide past it with a little resistance.
Most stripper clips just sit barely in the receiver allowing the rounds to strip off into the mag well. Maybe you're trying to seat the clip in too deep. If that doesn't work, try adjusting the tabs on one of the clips to ease the tension on them.

LOL.. I was afraid of that..haha.. I was trying to figure out how to get the whole clip inside... I feel like an ass now. Yes, it seats fine. I thought whole clip was supposed to go in there.

Don't know who made the Mosin clips I have but the M91/30 Finn takes them with no problems. I'm at work so I can't fiddle with one to see how far it goes down. It's not as sure a system as the Mauser's is but it is still easy enough to use. I always loaded the rounds with the round above in front of the rim of the one below it. There are no " stops " like the Mauser system and I don't remember how far mine go down when inserted.

Joe R.

Back
Top Bottom