WTF is wrong with Florida??

fencer

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
There's got to be more to this story.
What normal person makes pancakes on their porch, at night
My wife will make fried chicken on the deck when the weather is good. I asked her why and she said that the whole house would smell like fried chicken. I said, and why is that a problem? [thinking]

Rat187

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Oy ! Don't know if this meets WTF...Florida thread standards ?

A man is accused of attacking his mother in Boynton Beach after she refused to dress his mannequin.

Boynton Beach Police arrested Mikkel Dankner on charges of aggravated battery on a victim over 65 years old and domestic battery by strangulation.

Dankner's mother reportedly told investigators they were in the backyard when Mikkel asked her to dress his mannequin. When she refused, she said Mikkel stood in the doorway to keep her from getting inside her home. That's when she said she pushed the mannequin over.

She said Mikkel moved out of the doorway, grabbed his mannequin and followed his mother inside and pushed her to the ground.

Mikkel's mom said he hit her in the head several times with a wooden stool and stuffed dumplings into her mouth. When Mikkel started throwing things in the kitchen, his mom ran to a neighbor for help.

Garys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
Krispy Kreme employee stabs man in dispute, police say

A Florida Krispy Kreme Donuts employee has been arrested, accused of stabbing a man in a dispute, police say.

Police say Julius Irving, 32, got into an altercation with another employee on Wednesday in a Gainesville shop. The alleged issue? Doughnut prep, according to a Gainesville Police Department press release.

Garys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
80   0   0

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

LoginName

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A cassowary, a rare emu-like bird, attacks and kills Florida man, officials say

A cassowary, a giant bird with long claws on each foot, killed its owner after he fell in the backyard of his Gainesville, Florida, home, officials told CNN.
The bird's owner, Marvin Hajos -- who is 75, according to CNN affiliate WCJB -- made the initial call to 911 Friday about 10 a.m. ET. A second call came from another person at the scene who reported a medical emergency involving a large bird, said Lt. Joshua Crews of the Alachua County Sheriff's Office.
Hajos was transported to a nearby hospital, where he died, the lieutenant said. The cassowary remains on Hajos' property as authorities conduct an investigation into the attack, he said.
The owner was a breeder of the rare bird that is native to Australia and New Guinea, Alachua County Deputy Fire Chief Jeff Taylor said.

---------------

They can grow more than 5 feet tall and the heaviest females can weigh more than 160 pounds, the zoo says. Males weigh up to 120 pounds.
"The cassowary is rightfully considered the most dangerous bird in the world!" the zoo says. "Each 3-toed foot has a dagger-like claw on the inner toe that is up to 4 inches (10 centimeters) long! The cassowary can slice open any predator or potential threat with a single swift kick."

Cassowary kills Florida man, officials say - CNN

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Another gem.... idiot guy tries to hit and run in Miami, eventually a witness bystander dude gets a sledgehammer and goes full retard.....

Only in FL..... [rofl]

Oh and the guy with the smashed up car.... I think had like this absurdly long list of driving violations before this one.... shocking... [rofl]

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Tall grass fines lead city to foreclose on home

The city of Dunedin moved to foreclose on the home of 69-year-old Jim Ficken over $30,000 in unpaid code violation fines. The Tampa Bay Times reports that Ficken was fined $500 a day last summer because his grass was taller than 10 inches.
$500 a day fine because your grass is over 10" ???

appraiser

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
When I had a house on Fort Myers Beach, I had paid a landscaper to keep my grass mowed.... well he ended up in jail and I got a nice little letter from the City of Fort Myers Beach requesting a donation because my grass was not cut. Needless to say I was on the next flight down.

Where I am now, the HOA mows the lawns, but I am responsible for gardens, bushes and trees.

I have gotten a few "nasty-grams" from the lawn nazi's on the HOA that there was a weed in my flower bed when I have come back north.

Things are "different" down there....

CrackPot

NES Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Man arrested in Florida after driving stolen truck with caskets inside, Highway Patrol says

A man was arrested in Jacksonville, Florida, on Monday after he allegedly was driving a stolen box truck with stolen caskets inside, according to Florida Highway Patrol.

Troopers got a call from the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office on Monday morning asking them to be on the lookout for a Ryder truck that was reported stolen from a Jacksonville casket company, Sgt. Dylan Bryan with the Florida Highway Patrol told Fox News.

Fritz the Cat

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Man arrested in Florida after driving stolen truck with caskets inside, Highway Patrol says

A man was arrested in Jacksonville, Florida, on Monday after he allegedly was driving a stolen box truck with stolen caskets inside, according to Florida Highway Patrol.

Troopers got a call from the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office on Monday morning asking them to be on the lookout for a Ryder truck that was reported stolen from a Jacksonville casket company, Sgt. Dylan Bryan with the Florida Highway Patrol told Fox News.
Is there a casket black market? When you are at the funeral home making arrangements for grandad, do you say "we have a casket, thanks. It's in the back of my F-350. I got a sweet deal on it."
Seems a bit gauche.

Top Bottom