• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WTF! Can't reply to members classifieds

yeah some people just have no manners so they pulled the privelage! kinda like how some people use guns for bad things so no one should have them.. lol wait a minute!

I have been green for quite a few years and just tried to reply to a classified ad in the members section and got a message that I don't have pemission to access this page. WUWT?

This has been banned for months now. Ever since we reverted back to the old format we banned non OP posting in classifieds... to keep the junk and garbage and illegal bumps out. PM the seller instead.

-Mike

yeah some people just have no manners so they pulled the privelage! kinda like how some people use guns for bad things so no one should have them.. lol wait a minute!

No, it was a lot worse than that. It was like allowing peoples pets into the flea market. We said "ok you can bring your dog in here if its potty trained". Well, 10 out of every 100 dogs were not potty trained, and they took steaming turd like dumps on peoples ads, etc. It didn't matter how many times we warned them. Hell we even tempbanned some people and when they got off the ban they came back and pinched a loaf in the classifieds again.

I'll give you some choice examples:

"The Consumer Advocate"
"YOUR PRICE IS TOO HIGH! WHY U RIP PEOPLE OFF?

There's this thing called capitalism, you should look into it sometime, sport. [laugh]

"The Skinflint Horse Trading Moron"
Will you take my Hi-Point .40 a 10 speed bicycle, and a 35 gallon fishtank in trade for your LNIB Glock 19?

"Gun Envy Man"
NICE GUN! WISH I COULD AFFORD IT!!!

"attempting to be helpful feedback thread bumper guy"
Mister BUSINBLAH is a pleasure to deal with. Anyone interested in this should buy it! Businblah is a great guy!

"Junior MA gun law legal failbus corps guy"
I THOUGHT GLOCKS WERE EEEELEEEGAL IN MA? HOW CAN U SELL THIS?

I could keep going and going and going.

Open posting was the herpes/clap of the old classifieds. We developed a means of stopping the virus in its tracks.. by closing off the vector of infection, which was open posting in classified ads.

-Mike

No, it was a lot worse than that.

Open posting was the herpes/clap of the old classifieds. We developed a means of stopping the virus in its tracks.. by closing off the vector of infection, which was open posting in classified ads.

-Mike

Mike,
Derek, you and all the moderators are always doing a great job. Thank you and I like the new/old type of classifieds. [thumbsup]

OOOOPS I guess I didn't get the memo. [grin]
That makes sense. Guess there's always a few rotten apples in the basket.
Thanks for the replies.

Doc, if you're on the downhill side of 60 it's ok to forget stuff. Ask me how I know but you won't get an answer because I won't be able to recall.

Back
Top Bottom