• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WTB

!

you missed an order by ~ 36 hours! i just ordered a bunch of stuff from BrianEnos.com (including a bottle of case lube). i might have ordered 2 (cant remember). if i did, i'll drop you a PM.

whats the formula, lanolin to alcohol.

JmB

I use 1 tube of "hydrous lanolin" (about two ounces) available at most any pharmacy to about 12-16 oz of 90% or better isopropyl alcohol.

DO NOT USE "ANHYDROUS" lanolin, its like axle grease and will not disolve in alcohol.

Put both ingredients in a plastic spray bottle, run it under hot water and shake until the lanolin goes into solution(solution turns a slight yellow color) then spray cases, working them with your hands (in a cardboard box or gallon ziplock bag)then open and let the alcohol evaporate leaving just the evenly distributed lanolin lube. A second light spray may be needed depending on caliber being reloaded. .308 usually requires two applications, but .223 usually takes just one.
Been using this mix for almost ten years and never had a stuck case in any rifle caliber. Total cost per bottle about $4 and enough to do several thousand cases per bottle.

You may experience a little separation after the solution cools, but running it under hot water again solves that once its heated up again.

I vibrate the loaded ammo for about 15 mins in clean corncob media to clean off lube after reloading is completed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I lube my 9mm brass, only because I'm using an undersized sizing die. Handle effort is GREATLY reduced!

Upside to the dillon lube (aka lanolin/alcohol) is it won't mess with primers...so tumbling after loading isn't necessary (unless it bothers you).

one shot

I m,anaged to find a can "one shot". i sprayed about 2 dozen 45acp cases

i can honestly say it made a big difference in gthe effort need to
run my 650

you can make some yourself ---recipe above, you'll like it.

JimB

ah. figures my Dillon order came in today.

well, if you end up needing it, i've got a bottle of RCBS CaseSlick, that so far has worked well for me..

I use Rexel wire pulling lube. It comes in quart bottles and it's real cheap. You can get it at a Electric supply house and I think they have it in Lowes and Home Depot.

I put a little in to a large plastic bag then rub it around to coat the inside of the bag. Then I throw the shells in and shake it.

It contains, polethylene glycols, polpropylene glycols and water. So it's safe to use even with out gloves.

Back
Top Bottom