• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WTB WTB/WTT/want old motorcycle final drive chain

Golddiggie

NES Member
Looking for an used motorcycle final drive chain (goes to the rear wheel ;)), for cheap. If you're changing one, or have an old one hanging around (that you don't need), PM me. I want to use it to make some Damascus (or try to).

I'm in Pelham, NH and might be going to Ipswich, MA for a contract job for the next several months. Could connect up over a weekend, depending on distance from where I live.

I've already found some on Amazon for short money (<$15) that I could use. But I'd rather save something from going into the trash pile/scrapyard than get something brand new. Even more so if it's from a Harley or air cooled v-twin powered motorcycle.

Appreciate it... I have some roller chain I got cheap (buck each) that I'm thinking about practicing on. I know people use the final drive chain off motorcycles to make Damascus (either by itself or in canister Damascus). I've already asked a welder friend to see if he has any square tubing on hand that I can use for the canisters. I'd just need to get the powdered steel to fill the voids with. Plus a bunch of bottles of liquid paper.

Back
Top Bottom