WTB: What AIWB w/ side car are you running ?

So.. looking at Tier 1, Tenicor, LAS..... Not sure which one people are running and like OR dislike !! ( med- large frame gun )
Soooo I ask...?
Spending the $$$$ and Not knowing sucks. Finding a Company that offers the Prodigy 4.25 not super easy!
I'm leaning toward the Tier 1 ( if anyone has one and wants to meet up for a show and try ..LOL Range time is Good time )

[ I scrolled through past post all dating back to 2019.. figured there May Be more insight from the Scholars of NES ]

Let me ask you a crazy question

Lets say you do get into a gunfight and need an extra mag whilst purveying taco bell

Wouldnt you rather have the mag on the side of your body without the gun so you can grab it with your hand thats not holding your gun quickly and not cross body?

I like the idea of the sidecar but if you dont carry apendix its not very practical in my opinion

Ill also list my achievements that make me qualified to comment

Stud club memeber 69
IT guy
Was in a fraternity in college
Been in hundreds of tv gunfights and video game ones

Lets say you do get into a gunfight and need an extra mag whilst purveying taco bell

Wouldnt you rather have the mag on the side of your body without the gun so you can grab it with your hand thats not holding your gun quickly and not cross body?

I like the idea of the sidecar but if you dont carry apendix its not very practical in my opinion

Stud club memeber 69
IT guy
As a world War 2 veteran (call of duty), I agree with you

Stud club memeber 69
IT guy
Reach across body.
That second is how you end up dead
That’s why I carry this
5702FDA4-233B-451F-A6E4-CD9F252875DB.jpeg

……not serious

Another holster maker I found during my own recent searching... Celtic Holsters
They offer different options for the setups as well as how the pistol is configured (with or without a variety of lights). Worth looking at if nothing else.

I'm also not decided on the sidecar thing. I'll be looking at other options for spare magazine carrying. I have one of the magnetic mag holders (for pocket carry). But my next carry pistol mag is stainless and I'm not [yet] sure if it will be magnetic or not.
I can understand the sidecar for appendix carry.

BTW, I'm most likely going to go with a Staccato P for my next purchase. I looked at the Prodigy initially, but have dismissed going that route due to issues being reported with the current production set. Not to say that SA won't get things figured out, I just wouldn't want one of the ones needing to go back to get fixed right away. A store I recently visited has had half of the ones they sell have to go back to get fixed. Not going through that crap. IMO, another case of getting what you pay for.

OP take a look at Black Point Tactical. They’re quality holsters (approx 3-4 months wait though). They have a couple AIWB options W/removable Sidecar attachment.

I have one of their Mini-Wing holsters and it’s very comfortable and secure, really well made, though it’s not one of their AIWB I can attest to the quality of their manufacturing.

Note: I did not like their plastic belt clips as the holster would slide along my belt throughout the day. They just don’t grip at all so I swapped them out for the metal clips offered and it took care of that issue very well.

Something to keep in mind though is that all of us are built a little differently, we may carry in a slightly different location on our bodies and we wear different belts, some made for carrying and some not and still others may wear no belt, so what works for one or even ten people may not work at all for the next guy.

Truth is, if you’re into guns and shooting as a sport/hobby/EDC, anything more than keeping an unloaded .38 in a box on your shelf that nobody will find until after you’re dead, you can’t escape having a box of holsters that just don’t work for you. It’s inevitable. Don’t fight it, it’s going to happen either way. lol Good luck.

OP take a look at Black Point Tactical. They’re quality holsters (approx 3-4 months wait though). They have a couple AIWB options W/removable Sidecar attachment.

I have one of their Mini-Wing holsters and it’s very comfortable and secure, really well made, though it’s not one of their AIWB I can attest to the quality of their manufacturing.

Note: I did not like their plastic belt clips as the holster would slide along my belt throughout the day. They just don’t grip at all so I swapped them out for the metal clips offered and it took care of that issue very well.

Something to keep in mind though is that all of us are built a little differently, we may carry in a slightly different location on our bodies and we wear different belts, some made for carrying and some not and still others may wear no belt, so what works for one or even ten people may not work at all for the next guy.

Truth is, if you’re into guns and shooting as a sport/hobby/EDC, anything more than keeping an unloaded .38 in a box on your shelf that nobody will find until after you’re dead, you can’t escape having a box of holsters that just don’t work for you. It’s inevitable. Don’t fight it, it’s going to happen either way. lol Good luck.

I disagree

Outside of holsters I've got in trade i use every holster i buy

Took 1 uncle mikes for me to get it right

I have one sidecar holster. I’ve decided it isn’t for me. A sidecar holster pretty much forces you to run the rig on your centerline. If that puts the holster in your concealment sweet spot, then great. But if it doesn’t, then the holster doesn’t work for you. In contrast if you have an AIWB holster without a sidecar, then you can move it around side to side to where it conceals best for you.

I disagree

Outside of holsters I've got in trade i use every holster i buy

Took 1 uncle mikes for me to get it right
Well that’s great for you but do you think you’re in the majority in that situation or you just got lucky? I’d bet a fair amount that the box of shit holsters is much more common issue than you’re situation.

Or are you saying that you just bought an Uncle Mikes and called it a day?

I still hate side cars just as much as I did in 2019. JM custom kydex, keepers concealment, dark star gear and tenicor. Take your pick, they're all about as good as it gets for appendix carry.

Well that’s great for you but do you think you’re in the majority in that situation or you just got lucky? I’d bet a fair amount that the box of shit holsters is much more common issue than you’re situation.

Or are you saying that you just bought an Uncle Mikes and called it a day?
No I'm saying i bought a um and realized it sucks

But every other one I've bought has been good.

I agree.. but a $135 aiwb in the bottom of the box... HURTS

Stud club memeber 69
IT guy
not sure what you are talking about reaching across.. but Rock on !

I understand the appeal of a side car rig but in my experience they're mostly all junk and too bulky and uncomfortable. They're an answer to a problem that doesn't exist. I've tried multiple set ups and ultimately found a separate holster and mag carrier gives you the best concealment, comfort and adjustability. The less kydex in your pants the better. This is a JM custom holster/mag carrier combo and what I've found to be the best for me. Moving the belt buckle off of the 12 o'clock spot makes a huge difference. Also, I'll show it in a Tshirt that's not black cause that drives me nuts when guys do that on you tube
PXL_20230220_025625284.jpg

PXL_20230220_030948112.jpg

You've said this twice. I think you missed the question that he asked.

Sidecar holsters are designed for appendix. Wearing them elsewhere is dumb. He said from the title of the thread that he intends to carry at appendix. Why are you taking about wearing them at 3 o'clock?

OP - I have been using a Tier 1 for my G45 for about two years. I like it enough that I just ordered one for my Shield. I didn't love the plastic clips, so I upgraded them to metal ones from Discreet Carry Concepts.

Sooooo... This post has gone awry ! ( go figure it's NES ) Let me clear this up... ( or let you guys get more muddy )
I have carried 12 o'clock , Dead center, pointing down my Junk, ETC terms ,for about 3 years , My G19 ! I had issues with the holster maker and would not buy another from them.
I carry behind my button because it is Comfortable for me & does NOT off set my hips and back. After carrying 3... 4...oclock for years . My body just wasn't liking it anymore !! That is when I tried and figured out I can make Appendix work well for me.
Now, with a larger frame gun and mag... I'm looking for the best holster for me. I am willing to spend the $$ but as said earlier... I don't want a "holster box' or " draw" Holster ....
If this group doesn't have Opinions on it ... No one will .....

Back to the topic...

So.. looking at Tier 1, Tenicor, LAS..... Not sure which one people are running and like OR dislike !! ( med- large frame gun )
Soooo I ask...?
Spending the $$$$ and Not knowing sucks. Finding a Company that offers the Prodigy 4.25 not super easy!
I'm leaning toward the Tier 1 ( if anyone has one and wants to meet up for a show and try ..LOL Range time is Good time )

[ I scrolled through past post all dating back to 2019.. figured there May Be more insight from the Scholars of NES ]
I carry with Tier1 AGIS Elite, one for my P365 in the warmer months, and one for my G19 for the colder months. Both are super comfortable. IMHO the extra mag carrier, along with the flex in the middle of the holster, makes it more comfortable than an AIWB holster without an attached mag carrier.

Sooooo... This post has gone awry ! ( go figure it's NES ) Let me clear this up... ( or let you guys get more muddy )
I have carried 12 o'clock , Dead center, pointing down my Junk, ETC terms ,for about 3 years , My G19 ! I had issues with the holster maker and would not buy another from them.
I carry behind my button because it is Comfortable for me & does NOT off set my hips and back. After carrying 3... 4...oclock for years . My body just wasn't liking it anymore !! That is when I tried and figured out I can make Appendix work well for me.
Now, with a larger frame gun and mag... I'm looking for the best holster for me. I am willing to spend the $$ but as said earlier... I don't want a "holster box' or " draw" Holster ....
If this group doesn't have Opinions on it ... No one will .....

Back to the topic...
I meant to say, if you want to come out to Harvard, you can try my T1 Axis Elite, to see what you think of the style.

Back
Top Bottom