WTB: Military Surplus Garand Ammo

Damn, did anyone else get that Four Seasons email today??

PRVI PARTIZAN 30.06 Ball ammunition

beb9e703-2ab3-4042-b4c9-f912acfcd0fc.jpg

This new manufacture, brass cased 30.06 is specially formulated to be used in M1 Garands.
$19.80 / box of 20 rds. This is $0.99 cents per round.
About 100 boxes in stock

Ouch!
Saw a couple other shops post on their Facebook pages that they have this ammo in stock and "This stuff hasn't been available for several months. $17.99 per box of twenty"
Seems like it's been readily available for quite some time. I think last year there may have been a short time it was out of stock from TSUSA?

I'm all for supporting local shops but holy crap, a $1 per round (after tax)??!! You can probably get some Federal gold medal match ammo for less than that or the same price....

Yikes. It's 60 cents/round plus the ammo can for Prime members if I recall. Don't remember if it was a sale price or normal, but it can be had at that price.
I got two boxes in March at an NH shop just for kicks and it was only 75 cents/round.

My reloads run 38-46 cents each depending on the projectile I use. Thank God for reloading.

As much as I like the concept of helping a LGS out, $1/round vs 0.60/round + ammo can seems a bit crazy.
I know a lot of people like FS but when I was in MA I found their ammo prices in particular out of touch with competitors, especially on things like Mosin surplus and 22lr. Not sure if their foot traffic lets them price it high, or they bank on people getting ammo when saving $25 on their Shield, or what.

My reloads run 38-46 cents each depending on the projectile I use. Thank God for reloading.

As much as I like the concept of helping a LGS out, $1/round vs 0.60/round + ammo can seems a bit crazy.
I know a lot of people like FS but when I was in MA I found their ammo prices in particular out of touch with competitors, especially on things like Mosin surplus and 22lr. Not sure if their foot traffic lets them price it high, or they bank on people getting ammo when saving $25 on their Shield, or what.
Yeah reloading is critical.

$1 per round and no ammo can is just silly. I do think they hope that people are willing to spend extra on ammo if they saved a few bucks on a pistol etc.

I'm all for supporting local shops but holy crap, a $1 per round (after tax)??!! You can probably get some Federal gold medal match ammo for less than that or the same price....

Its the same business model as the inkjet printer manufacturers use, they sell the hardware (guns) dirt cheap and then make their money on the consumables (ammo, etc)

Its the same business model as the inkjet printer manufacturers use, they sell the hardware (guns) dirt cheap and then make their money on the consumables (ammo, etc)
Gaming consoles too, iirc. Its been a while so maybe the market has changed but they used to sell the consoles for something like cost and make up the difference on game sales.

Just because it hasn’t been mentioned, I had great results with Sellier&Bellot M2 ball. It was very consistent. Any flyers were all me. Switched to the PPU when TS was out of S&B. I’ve lost some consistency since switching, but it’s probably me.

Back
Top Bottom