• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WTB: Dragunov SVD or Tigr

Somethng like this PSL

2usg2ub.jpg

Last edited:
About a month ago I saw some m76 rifles for sale at MFL. They're in 8mm (yugo version of svd)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Zero Hour may have one. Every once in a while one shows up for sale there.

I know others mentioned PSLs and Yugos and while those ar fine rifles they're totally different animals from SVDs and Tigers

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

Yes, big difference, no PSL's, really looking for an SVD. Was just at Zero Hour on Friday, no luck there. Did find a nice Tigr but really want the SVD...

I have been looking for a real SVD for over 5 years. The Tiger is a civilian version and not worth your money IMO. Last real deal on a SVD I saw went for over 5K.

PSL's are everywhere. Even parts kits.

How are the PSL's? I read from a few people the quality isn't great. I saw a guy shooting one a the range and he was having problems getting the thing to eject. The wood also looked like plastic....

I like mine, its accurate and functions 100%. After all... its a giant AK.

You can strip the stocks and refinish the wood. I did mine with red sedona stain and finished it with poly because the handguards didn't match.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

I have one as well and with an 8x Russian scope and light ball surplus ammo its as accurate as it was meant to be. Not a real sniper but it is fun to shoot.

If I saw a guy at the range having feed problems, I'd tell him to turn his magazine springs around. Ejecting? That's a whole other ball of wax.

My PSL has "ejection problems" and by that, I mean it flings steel cases 200 feet down the range firing line at 120 mph. People do not like!

If I saw a guy at the range having feed problems, I'd tell him to turn his magazine springs around. Ejecting? That's a whole other ball of wax.

My PSL has "ejection problems" and by that, I mean it flings steel cases 200 feet down the range firing line at 120 mph. People do not like!

haha x2, i set up targets to the front and to my right when im shooting mine.

OP, if/when you get an SVD, please PM me your address so i can come druel over it. thanks, and good luck

A Norfolk (VA) cop was having trouble zeroing his new PSL. I took a look at it. The barrel was actually bent right and the gas tube the other way.

Well, so far I found a Tigr. Still would like an SVD. The Tigr is just a Sporter version of the SVD, otherwise same action and capabilities. Ready availability of 7.62x54r makes it a cheap shooter. So far I've sighted in for 100 yds, ready for the 300 yd plates this weekend. I won't want to setup alongside anyone, that's for sure, the muzzle blast and shell ejection is ferocious.
Still, if anyone has a line on an SVD please pm me.
Anyone wants to shoot the Tigr sometime at HSC, let me know.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom