• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WSPR on 10m w/ Yaesu FT-897D @5W

MaverickNH

NES Member
SO I just connected my Yaesu FT-897D up to my Win7(64) PC using a SignaLink USB soundcard box and am running WSPR to automatically Rx/Tx on 10m with " a protocol designed for probing potential propagation paths with low-power transmissions".

I'm getting picked up as far away as Portugal and Urugay on 5W. Pretty cool!

Here's the map:

15-03-14%2010m_zps0u2amb38.gif
[/URL][/IMG]

EDIT: Got Southern Tasmania at 16,894km. Almost the farthest city from me on earth!

Last edited:
Cool. I need to do that. I've got and FT-857D and Signalink but have hardly played with the digital stuff(yet). I have a random, longwire antenna. There's no way of predicting where it likes to go. This might help me get an idea.

I was just watching the YousTubes about that this weekend. It seems like a pretty cool application. I gotta get my HF comms up and running pretty soon here.

I ran WSPR briefly this weekend and hit the southwestern US and north western Europe. Considering my antenna is oriented roughly North/South it makes sense that I'd be hitting stuff mostly to the East and West of me. I left it to run for a while and it pretty much crashed right away so I didn't get any long-term data. I'm going to try again tonight if I have time.

I also fooled around with FLDigi a little bit but honestly I think I need to spend some time setting up the SignaLink/Yaesu 857D/Mac first. I can see the waterfalls but I have no idea what my Tx looks like. I called CQ a few times and got no takers and the one CQ I answered I couldn't really talk to the guy. It was too nice out this weekend to spend a lot of time on it.

Back
Top Bottom