Wrentham Sportsmen's Association

EMTDAD

NES Member
Couldn't find a thread on this club in the Club/Ranges subforum, so figured I'd start one.

Any NESers members here? I joined a couple of months ago.

Does anyone have any updated information on this club? I was thinking of checking it out since it's only 10 minutes away. I'm also looking for any clubs close to Franklin that has programs for youths, my son who just turned 16 has said he would like to learn( we never pushed it ) but now is a good time and he would like to take the hunter education course.

Does anyone have any updated information on this club? I was thinking of checking it out since it's only 10 minutes away. I'm also looking for any clubs close to Franklin that has programs for youths, my son who just turned 16 has said he would like to learn( we never pushed it ) but now is a good time and he would like to take the hunter education course.

whatcha wanna know?

application fee is $150, annual dues are $150. Kids under 18 are $5 annually and application fee is waived when they turn 18.

you need 2 yrs of sportsman's licenses (hunting/fishing) and a member sponsor. One meeting to be introduced as a potential member. At next meeting you get voted on.

once voted in, you need to do 16 hrs of work requirement, which is pretty easy to do, and attend 3 meetings in the 1st 6 months. Also attend a range safety orientation.

As for facilities... there is an outdoor pavilion, full service kitchen, main room seats about 100, a bar, pond stocked 2x/yr, archery range, 50' and 50yd ranges (I know.. relatively short), and a number of camping sites.

Activities include 3-4 3D archery shoots each year and participation in Tri-County 3D league, various game and fishing pools, a number of social events during the year (family day, BBQs, Xmas party), weekly Trap Sundays at 10, and biweekly shoots Sundays at 1.

Overall, it's a pretty good club.. lots of new blood coming in and I'm not sure the old timers like it too much, LOL.. People are generally friendly and any rules seem to be reasonable. Typical personality clash bullshit between different older cliques, but nothing that can't be overcome by a new member by just being nice and respectful to everyone. Club is really aware that the youth are our future.. very accommodating to kids and scouts.

if you want a tour, let me know and I can meet you there and show you around.

I have had fishing licenses but not a combo for the last 2 years, so i guess that does not fill the requirements.

sorry.. I wasn't clear... they all work.. 2 yrs.... hunting or fishing or combo... even saltwater is good.. doesn't have to be from MA or full season licenses. I don't think they have to be recent or consecutive years..

sorry.. I wasn't clear... they all work.. 2 yrs.... hunting or fishing or combo... even saltwater is good.. doesn't have to be from MA or full season licenses. I don't think they have to be recent or consecutive years..
Thanks for the info, once things gt back in to a routine after the new year I will be in touch to set up a tour.

Thanks!

New 8 month member of the WSA here. After an inactive 2020, new members are joining every month! It's a rather active club. As part of my required hours as a new member I chose to work kitchen events rather than pick weeds around the clubhouse. And there were plenty of work party opportunities. Things mentioned above are pretty much still the same. The only change I'm aware of is that annual dues went to $200 starting in 2021. As a 50 something newbie to all of this I found both the older and younger members to be cool down to Earth individuals willing to pass on their firearms, hunting and fishing knowledge or learn like this eager student. On the range at the bi-weekly shooting competitions the guys (and occasional gals) are willing to offer trigger time to interested parties. You can pick up a homemade meal before the monthly General meeting, and monthly meals, lately they have included homemade game sausage, a steak fry, porketta, chicken BBQ, all reasonably priced. And I've been told the garlic wings at the lounge Friday nights are pretty good too. Recent improvements have also occurred at the trap/skeet/sporting clay range. The current website looks like changes to it are happening, but the information for the Membership committee and officers in charge are appears to be valid. I know you can sent an email to someone at the club via the website and someone will return the message.

Wrentham Sportsmen's Assocoation

Back
Top Bottom