• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wrentham Man charged and firearms seized

I think it's a safe bet the USPS tipped off the others based upon packages he was receiving in the mail...
Yep. From the MA State Police Faceplant Page:

“The US Postal Inspection Service is committed to keeping the US Mail, its employees, and customers safe,” said Inspector in Charge Joseph W. Cronin of the US Postal Inspection Service’s Boston Division. “When the U.S. Mail is used to transport dangerous and illegal items, it is taken very seriously. The arrest of this individual is a result of a coordinated investigation with our federal, state and local partners. The cooperation and hard work of our fellow law enforcement agencies illustrates the common mission of protecting our community and keeping the American public safe. The US Postal Inspection Service will continue to investigate and bring criminals to justice to ensure the public’s trust in the U.S. Mail.”

Yep. From the MA State Police Faceplant Page:

“The US Postal Inspection Service is committed to keeping the US Mail, its employees, and customers safe,” said Inspector in Charge Joseph W. Cronin of the US Postal Inspection Service’s Boston Division. “When the U.S. Mail is used to transport dangerous and illegal items, it is taken very seriously. The arrest of this individual is a result of a coordinated investigation with our federal, state and local partners. The cooperation and hard work of our fellow law enforcement agencies illustrates the common mission of protecting our community and keeping the American public safe. The US Postal Inspection Service will continue to investigate and bring criminals to justice to ensure the public’s trust in the U.S. Mail.”

Step harder daddy.

You only need a serial # to transfer a firearm.

If you build one you have 7 days to FA-10 it and you can FA-10 it without a serial #.

@Len-2A Training, please correct me if I’m wrong.
Correct with the caveat that it be able to fire a shot, see below.

I agree, its dumb. My understanding is it comes from the way they define a firearm. Part of that definition is "capable of firing" a projectile. If it isnt capable of doing that, it isnt a firearm. If it isnt a firearm, it doesnt need to be registered.
Correct.

No but it would be interesting to know. Im assuming that would be something that would be disclosed in court eventually? As a side note, at least theyre saying "illegally owned firearms" instead of "illegal firearms". Baby steps...

Illegal firearms ? Don't they mean undocumented firearms ?

And the weirdest part? After the scariest charges are likely proven to be false, had the guy lived just five miles to the southwest in Cumberland RI, he would still be a free, law-abiding man today. [thinking]

They seem to be chasing down these full auto parts being bought by mail order from China. If I had one (and I don’t, NSA), I’d get rid of it before they knocked my front door down, shot the dog and rifled through my stuff.

Maybe someone can riddle me this one. Suppose a person who does not have an LTC buys an incomplete lower 80% or less. They bring it home and build it into a rifle and tuck it away in case it's ever needed. What's the harm? If it's not being used in a crime spree then no harm no foul.

There is no harm. .gov doesn’t like it if you don’t respect its authorit-ay. So they lock you up if they catch you. You are very unlikely to get caught if you have half a brain.

Maybe someone can riddle me this one. Suppose a person who does not have an LTC buys an incomplete lower 80% or less. They bring it home and build it into a rifle and tuck it away in case it's ever needed. What's the harm? If it's not being used in a crime spree then no harm no foul.

There's no harm, but gun laws don't care about facts like that.

-Mike

It's a little weird that if this guy didn't have a license but didn't give a F, that he would still bother making the two short barrel AR's into pistols as opposed to SBR's.

update.. love the hit piece about scary ghost guns..

loser writer David Linton goes on about how bad DIY builds are, then ends with the fact none of the charges had to do with the builds, but rather unlawful possession

hit pieces like this piss me off

An (18) month prison sentence is pretty disappointing.

Under the Bartley-Fox law he should have received (6) years for the guns alone. Then add in the high cap mags and ammo on top of that.

There's no harm, but gun laws don't care about facts like that.

-Mike

For sure.

We are one of the few states that requires a permit for possessing a firearm or even an ammunition component. Maybe with the appointment of ACB we will get some relief. Hopefully the Senators can stay Corona virus free long enough to confirm her.

Bob

An (18) month prison sentence is pretty disappointing.

Under the Bartley-Fox law he should have received (6) years for the guns alone. Then add in the high cap mags and ammo on top of that.
Don't worry, if it were you or me, we'd be going away for 10 years.

Back
Top Bottom