• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WPRC IDPA Match - Classifier - April11th

Scores are out. Looks like I can't add. Instead of missing ESP MM by 7 sec, I made it by 3. Now I just need to knock of 48.5 seconds to make SS.

Shot well stages 1-2, shot 3 better then past attempts, but still not good enough... F-ing stage 3 strikes again....[rolleyes]

Last edited:
For some reason, my name is not on the score sheet. I'm looking into it. Regardless, I don't think I jumped classes anyway. Shot well stages 1-2, shot 3 better then past attempts, but still not good enough. F-ing stage 3 strikes again....[rolleyes]

It's on there. Scroll up. [wink]

For some reason, my name is not on the score sheet. I'm looking into it. Regardless, I don't think I jumped classes anyway. Shot well stages 1-2, shot 3 better then past attempts, but still not good enough. F-ing stage 3 strikes again....[rolleyes]

Your name is there, and you are correct, you did not make the jump. Negotiator did make the jump to Expert[party]. Well done Steve.

You know, I'm still impressed with what Negotiator and Sigtac did yesterday!

Respectfully,
jkelly

+1 You did well yourself sir!
Thank you for saying so. I had a good Stage 3 (for me), but I didn't shoot Stages 1 and 2 very well. Why I shot better in the rain with the targets covered with plastic I don't know.

Respectfully,
jkelly

Thank you for saying so. I had a good Stage 3 (for me), but I didn't shoot Stages 1 and 2 very well. Why I shot better in the rain with the targets covered with plastic I don't know.

Respectfully,
jkelly

Not sure either John, maybe you focused more on area of impact? But you clearly have the ability to shoot the tough, difficult shots and that is the much harder task IMO. Stage 1 and 2 are mostly (except for the head shots) just close blasting shots. I guarantee you can pick up points in 1 and 2. Look at your points down. On stage 1 and 2 you dropped as much as you did on stage 3, your raw times overall were very good. On my last classifier last year I dropped 2, 7 and 16 respectively on stages 1, 2 and 3 just as an fyi. You easily have the ability to drop much less on 1 and 2. You lose just 5 points less on 1 and 2 and you are at Expert. I KNOW you will do this.

On my last classifier last year I dropped 2, 7 and 16 respectively on stages 1, 2 and 3 just as an fyi. You lose just 5 points less on 1 and 2 and you are at Expert. I KNOW you will do this.
I didn't really practice for this Classifier because I wanted to get a baseline for where I am. So over all I'm pretty happy with my score.

I shot that Classifier with you last year, I was down 4 and 7 and I think we were pretty even in stage 1 and 2, but I tanked Stage three.

As for making Expert in ESP, I think I'll wait until after the State and Regionals before I focus on that.[wink]

Respectfully,
jkelly

I didn't really practice for this Classifier because I wanted to get a baseline for where I am.

Although the classifier COF offer good fundamental skills... I don't recommend practicing just for a classifier. You need a balance of matches and other training.

So over all I'm pretty happy with my score.
And so you should be.
[smile]

As for making Expert in ESP, I think I'll wait until after the State and Regionals before I focus on that.[wink]

Respectfully,
jkelly

I like your thinking! [smile]

Send me your e-mail address and I forward a link to you.

Respectfully,
jkelly

Back
Top Bottom