• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WPRC IDPA Match - Classifier - April11th

Chopper

NES Member
Worcester Pistol and Rifle Club IDPA Spring Classifier

Date: Saturday April 11th
Time 9:30 AM

Registration starts at 9:30, safety briefing at 10:00 AM followed by the match.

Turnout has been outstanding the last few months. We are looking forward to seeing our regulars move up and our newer shooters get their rating. Make sure you have or know your IDPA membership number.

WPRC IDPA Team

I will be shooting a Berreta 92fs and hope to move from marksman to sharpshooter in SSP. What are you guys shooting and what rank do you plan on achieving?

I'll be shooting the Hi-Power in ESP to hopefully get rid of the pesky novice. Should be well within my ability as long as I don't screw up. The plan is daily dry fire this week and hopefully some live practice on Friday.

See you all there... Since we're all posting the goal...

My plan is to put all my rounds on paper and I'll start by drinking less coffee before the match. We'll go from there... :)

See you all there... Since we're all posting the goal...

My plan is to put all my rounds on paper and I'll start by drinking less coffee before the match. We'll go from there... :)

Good plan... I think you might surprise yourself.. Just take your time on the head shots.

I'm not sure if I can make it but for those of you that haven't done it yet- or have and want to get a better classification:

Like Mike-Mike said- You can't miss the head shots on stage one! Any misses for that matter are going to hurt real bad- dry fire weak hand shooting if you haven't had the time to shoot much this way. You are better off take a half sec and get a good head shot. This is why we do the "one hole drill"!! ;)

Stage 3 is the deal maker/breaker. I hope you've spent some time shooting at some distance. 60 feet isn't that tough but you need to get decent shots and the barricade makes it trickier. At home with an EMPTY gun- try dry firing while using a wall/corner as cover to get comfortable with this. You need a stable platform to shoot well at this distance.

Good luck- I expect to see some "bumps" after this classifier!!

At home with an EMPTY gun- try dry firing while using a wall/corner as cover to get comfortable with this.

Doing so:

11ccayt.jpg

Guys... you are forgeting the fundamentals... it's clear your eyes aren't on the front sight. Keep practicing like that though... I'll be looking forward to our next match... [smile]

Guys... you are forgeting the fundamentals... it's clear your eyes aren't on the front sight. Keep practicing like that though... I'll be looking forward to our next match... [smile]

Lugnut, he's Chinese. You can never tell what direction his eyes are squinting.

Looks like rain. Crap. I know matches take place rain or shine, but do classifiers? [thinking]
I remember the "Classifier for Hell" in Scarborough ME a few years ago, that was a shot in torrential downpour. Think shooting in the shower, don’t ask me how I did.

Respectfully,
jkelly

I think it was two or three years ago we tried to shoot one in the rain at Riverside, and they finally threw in the (soggy) towel after a few stages. I think I got in two of the three stages.

I think it was two or three years ago we tried to shoot one in the rain at Riverside, and they finally threw in the (soggy) towel after a few stages. I think I got in two of the three stages.

WPRC shoots in all weathers!!!! Rain, snow, summer heat!!! Gear up for the conditions and shoot!

Tried? My friend, we met Mother Nature at the door and said, We see your 4" of rain in 2 hours and it shall not phase us Biatch!!!!!!"

Water actually poured out of your magazines that day.

You both need ear protection guys... Duh.

Nice hats LMAO...now you BOTH have to shoot a match wearing those!!! -

"Shooter ready?" ...<adjusts hat> "ready"

[rofl]

Depending on the weather tomorrow... I might just wear the rice paddy hat [smile]

Go slow on stage 3!!!!

My first classifier was my 2nd attempt at anything IDPA. I shot better at that one than I did today.

Horrible.

Back
Top Bottom