• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WOW!!!! M44's SOLD OUT at

cheap is relative...

ask someone what they paid for theirs 5-10 years ago, if you bought yours recently.

Either way, feeding them has gone up, i hear... but I haven't bought ammo for mine in a couple years [wink]

Last edited:
I noticed that the other day. All 91/30's and M44's sold out. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Now there is a load of arsenal refinished K98's on their way. Only $99 each... then I woke up from my dream. [pot]

cheap is relative...

ask someone what they paid for theirs 5-10 years ago, if you bought yours recently.

Either way, feeding them has gone up, i hear... but I haven't bought ammo for mine in a couple years [wink]

Oh believe me, it kills me that I wasn't into guns when they were $75-$90 each. But at least I got into them before they sell for $400 each.

LOL When I first heard of the T53's they were $60-70 through an FFL? I've seen them for $120+...

Its hard for me to rationalize spending more on a T53 beater than I spent on a very clean 91/30.

The way I see it, once the supplies dry up, you'll have more demand than supply, and the prices should go up. I don't think you'll see $1000 Mosins in our lifetimes, but I can see these things settling in at around $300 to $400 in a few years. Yes, I'm just speculating, but that's my gut instinct on where these things are headed. Yes, I could be wrong, but at least I'll have a lot of fun with these things in the meantime. [smile] And I wasn't into guns when a C-note would almost buy you two. I wish I was.

Oh, and to clarify I'm not doing this for investing. That would be a stupid way to retire. I am, however, keeping in mind the increases in gun prices over the last few decades and I see that as a trend that will continue for a long time.

Last edited:
Oh, and to clarify I'm not doing this for investing. That would be a stupid way to retire. I am, however, keeping in mind the increases in gun prices over the last few decades and I see that as a trend that will continue for a long time.

Yep.
Not investing in beaters. I've brought a few folks into the fold with Mosins. Buying cheap-ish gets people's attention. Put them in a decent stock. And enjoy them for what they are.

Back
Top Bottom