• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wow...didn'tknow Pokemon was such a competitive sport. :-O

tumblr_m4ffomz8Oi1rwong6o1_500.gif

I only see two rounds of .223, the rest was shotgun shells.

I would have liked to see the headlines if they had a 10/22 and
2-3 bricks of 22LR. "Thousands of rounds of Ammunition"

Malodave

Last edited:
i always get weirded out when people my age are into kid stuff like that.

then again i just watched a bunch of GI joe episodes. but that's different, that's GI joe god damn it.

they sure meant business, not bringing the guns anywhere near the convention....

that being said, I was at the tattoo convention next to this yesterday and there were enough people (at both) that made me think the human race could use a good culling

Liars, bastards and shitheads, that's all I gotta say.

On my way to work someone was reading metro and they had the picture of the firearms with ammo there with caption like "Violence prevented" or basically another huge bloodshed was prevented.

I somehow knew it was related to that Pokemon crap because it was trending around the interwebs. Now I finally see this.

WTF ? so they posted a picture with "Kevin and I are ready for Boston here we come" with an AR and a shotgun and that's what got people pissy ?
Bunch of useless, worthless shit.

Straight
Outta
Tokyo

These yoots are another example of why we are screwed. No damn common sense. Social media has ruined us as a society. These idiots are probably harmless.

But add in 15 minutes of fame on the Mebook. Puts these two in a position to walk around all "Pikachu for life, bitches." And pop off a few rounds on camera.

My son, who also happens to be a game design major in his sophomore year was there with a few of his friends. It's a pretty big deal to them. Apparently these were 'The Worlds'. My son participates in an intercollegiate pokemon league as well. These things have a big following and make big money. Go ahead and laugh. I know it's funny.
When I heard about this I was wishing that they had declared the Hynes a gun free zone. j/k I was wishing and hoping that there were people there able to fight back if need be. Seriously, who in their right mind wouldn't be wishing that their kid had a gun as opposed to wishing that it was a gun free zone?

And to those who think these are all a bunch of basement dwelling virgins you would be wrong. Probably more of them on this forum. In fact some of you posted above.

Intercollegiate Pokemon League.

Please tell me that your son and his friends at least crush a 12 pack each prior to "competing"

At least I now feel better about my Jiggly Puff and Charmander tattoos. Maybe I will get that Squirtle tat now......

So now with those two behind bars, who is going to save humanity from this?

Why Costa of course!!!!

All he needs to do is bust out a couple of his Zoolander poses with an airsoft, and Voila! Humanity is safe again.

Last edited by a moderator:
So how does this work anyway? Whoever collects the most Pikachu cards wins? Is the convention center filled with vendors promoting the latest in Pikachu technology? I really fear for where mankind is headed.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

My 15 year old nephew went to this and is ranked what ever that means he travels to all the tournaments. I told him that it might be time to start being a man his mother was not happy[laugh]

My 15 year old nephew went to this and is ranked what ever that means he travels to all the tournaments. I told him that it might be time to start being a man his mother was not happy[laugh]

Cmon dude, youre not allowed to say stuff like that to them anymore, didnt you get the memo??? Im still trying to wrap my head around the Intercollegiate Pokemon League.

A couple dudes I deployed with last time around spent some time on the drill field, molding recruits. They both had beaucoup stories of recruits showing up with Pokemon cards, Magic the Gathering cards ( I dont even know what that one is), and other various crap like that.

So how does this work anyway? Whoever collects the most Pikachu cards wins? Is the convention center filled with vendors promoting the latest in Pikachu technology? I really fear for where mankind is headed.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure this is a game where EVERYONE that shows up gets a participation trophy. [grin]

Cmon dude, youre not allowed to say stuff like that to them anymore, didnt you get the memo??? Im still trying to wrap my head around the Intercollegiate Pokemon League.

A couple dudes I deployed with last time around spent some time on the drill field, molding recruits. They both had beaucoup stories of recruits showing up with Pokemon cards, Magic the Gathering cards ( I dont even know what that one is), and other various crap like that.

Given some of the weird shit I have been (and/or still am) into, I have ZERO room to be throwing stones re: Pokémon. [smile]

And speaking of MtG: just came out when I was in grad school, and some of my colleagues were players. They were coming out with a new release, and I tagged along with them on the trip to the comic book store to buy starter and booster packs. These promptly got plopped in the fire safe and forgotten about. Years later, I remembered they were there. Turns out that "new release" was the MtG BETA release, and these unopened packs were worth thousands of dollars.

Intercollegiate Pokemon League.

Please tell me that your son and his friends at least crush a 12 pack each prior to "competing"

At least I now feel better about my Jiggly Puff and Charmander tattoos. Maybe I will get that Squirtle tat now......

Makes me feel a world better about my time in the Ultimate Frisbee intramural club....

Given some of the weird shit I have been (and/or still am) into, I have ZERO room to be throwing stones re: Pokémon. [smile]

And speaking of MtG: just came out when I was in grad school, and some of my colleagues were players. They were coming out with a new release, and I tagged along with them on the trip to the comic book store to buy starter and booster packs. These promptly got plopped in the fire safe and forgotten about. Years later, I remembered they were there. Turns out that "new release" was the MtG BETA release, and these unopened packs were worth thousands of dollars.

MtG is serious bidness (FF to 2:55)...

Different card...

Man finds rare $30,000 card during live Magic: The Gathering deck opening

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom