• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wouldn't consider it a "steal", but... Romanian SKS

Happened upon a Romanian SKS at a local shop yesterday, priced at $349. It was a 1958, and I already had two from that year, but I had to have it anyway. The stock is heavily sanded, and the serial number was erased. Haggled to $340 OTD.

But see if you can spot the reason why I needed it so badly.

romy58sling_001.jpg

romy58sling_002.jpg

romy58sling_003.jpg

romy58sling_004.jpg

romy58sling_005.jpg

romy58sling_006.jpg

romy58sling_007.jpg

romy58sling_008.jpg

romy58sling_009.jpg

Well it is all matching (except the stock as we don't know any more). that is kinda not normal for a Romy. That however would not be enough to attract the great Martin08!! what is the with the marking after the serial number?
it looks like a chinese Arsenal 26 number , but i know that can't be right. East german?

Well it is all matching (except the stock as we don't know any more). that is kinda not normal for a Romy. That however would not be enough to attract the great Martin08!! what is the with the marking after the serial number?
it looks like a chinese Arsenal 26 number , but i know that can't be right. East german?

That is the Cugir Arsenal stamp. Normal for a Romanian.

So, that's not it!

Love the Romanians.

I'm gonna guess it was the correct Romy sling?

Ding, ding, ding, ding! Yes. These are VERY hard to come by. And most that you will see are from new-old-stock, and they will sometimes fetch up to $80. To find a Romanian made leather sling that is weathered and worn to the rifle is extremely rare. So, I'm liking it!

It is a really cool find, congrats.

P.S
All I want for Christmas is a tour of martin's gun room. [smile]

I saw the sling and said to myself...lucky guy......I found a sling for my romy with your help.....my romy isnt matching numbers.
Im also going to the wrong gun shops....

When a seller on GB (Bob IIRC) was offering up Romi slings a few years ago, I bought 3 of them. Still have one waiting for another Romi if I should ever fall into a deal.

Back
Top Bottom