Would you trade a ...

hello. i was wondering if anyone would think this is a fair trade or would i be losing out...

i was thinking of trading my Beretta cx4 storm 9mm carbine for a smith & wesson "the governor"

i bought the cx4 storm on a impluse buy about a six months to a year ago. my problem is i can't shoot it at my range. malden only allows handguns and .22 cal rifles. i know you could just say, go to another range. but #1, i'm lazy and #2 i have friends that have memberships to other ranges. but i was thinking to myself, if i haven't shoot it yet, maybe it is time to trade it away. i figure, at least i can use "the governor" at my range since it is a handgun.

am i crazy or is it worth it?

thank for your opinion.

I am currently trying to sell my kel-tek sub2k to fund a govenor so I am with you, there a bad ass gun and if the shitbags find a way to take all our semi autos its a baddass revolver to carry

i am not familiar with the cx-4(ill google it) But a S and W Gov is something I def want sometime in the future

I haven't shot either one but I have fired the Judge and was unimpressed with the accuracy. It was basicly a big handgun that wasn't very accurate. I wouldn't buy one, however, if you like it, forget the money and get it.

I'd sell the cx carbine or put it on consignment now, then hold onto the money instead of wasting it on a revolver. Wait till this awb either happens or doesnt. And then go from there. You might even have enough to buy something even better since everything is going for double the price

I would not buy a 410 handgun because im recoil sensitive. You may not be , but .45 is my limit . Know your limits , sure it sounds cool but im sure its got alot of kick,

I am currently trying to sell my kel-tek sub2k to fund a govenor so I am with you, there a bad ass gun and if the shitbags find a way to take all our semi autos its a baddass revolver to carry

If I didn't break my back and was still working my graveyard shift job I would be all over it.

I think the concept of a .410 revolver is retarded so I'd say buy something else.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

This, its a snake/rat gun. I don't know what those things cost, but I wanted a new pistol it would be a m&p9 or a Glock 19.

Maybe trade the carbine for 22 rifle, like an m&p15-22, and shoot the shit out of it.

Sent from my phone.

Im thinking of selling my Sig P229 and a ruger P95 and a walther PPK/s as well.really like the wifes new S&W 637 and im thinking i need something in that line as well.I have never carried any of them semis and they are kinda just collecting dust.Daughter isnt liking the Sig finding a new home so i might keep that for her,not sure yet.

I haven't shot either one but I have fired the Judge and was unimpressed with the accuracy. It was basicly a big handgun that wasn't very accurate. I wouldn't buy one, however, if you like it, forget the money and get it.

then either you suck or the Judge sucks because not only was i impressed with the accuracy more with 45 acp vs the long colt but the balance was awesome hardly any muzzle rise, my 110 pound wife even loved how it handled

- - - Updated - - -

I think the concept of a .410 revolver is retarded so I'd say buy something else.

Mike

the bird shot stuff yes but have you taken a look at what is available for defensive rounds in .410? serious stuff

PD_PDX1-410-IL.jpg

bad day in a box right there

saying theres no point to shooting bird shot out of a revolver to me is the same as sombody saying they want to shoot 50ae out of one.

nobody needs to, its just fun as hell to do so

In my opinion keep the cx4 carbine and join a some what decent range then MVGC and stop being lazy, short revolvers suck in allmost every aspect. That beretta carbine is much more accuracte and flexible when it comes to useage and there are preban high-cap mags in circulation. But hey its your gun and money,do what you want with it.

Last edited:
That's the problem... is that ammo available? Much easier to find 9mm than a "niche ammo". And where do you find components to reload that shell if supply dries up for an extended period of time, making it a paper weight?
I think if he wants a Judge or a Governor he should get one, but in a fair trade he should be expecting some cash along with the pistol.
~Matt

I was holding a box of it tuesday night

and I will give you re-loadability, because as far as I know you can't reload .410. but you can 45 and 45 LC

I agree - Hell no.
I'd keep the Beretta - they're totally hard to get right now.
If you really wanted something else - list the Beretta for trade and see what's offered. Get yourself a nice shooting semi-automatic. (JMO)

Mike

This
The novelty will wear off after you've shot it a few times.

Also, Not a fan of the Storm (looks-wise), but I see its use. I much prefer the idea of the Sub 2000 especially if you picked either of them below their original MSRP ($409, Kel Tec).

I'd never pay above MSRP for a NEW gun. Paying above MSRP for a used gun is just ludicrous - there are few exceptions.
MSRP on the Judge seems to be around $400 to over $600 (depending on model).

This, its a snake/rat gun. I don't know what those things cost, but I wanted a new pistol it would be a m&p9 or a Glock 19.

Maybe trade the carbine for 22 rifle, like an m&p15-22, and shoot the shit out of it.

Sent from my phone.

The Governor can be a snake rat gun, but it's also a .45 colt and .45 acp with some pretty good accuracy reports. I haven't had a chance to shoot mine yet, but the reports I see about it firing the .45 all say that it's much more impressive than the Judge for accuracy.

Read the reports on the S&W forum:

http://smith-wessonforum.com/search...6827:siodb9lchnk&cof=FORID:9&q=governor&sa=Go

Last edited:
The Governor can be a snake rat gun, but it's also a .45 colt and .45 acp with some pretty good accuracy reports. I haven't had a chance to shoot mine yet, but the reports I see about it firing the .45 all say that it's much more impressive than the Judge for accuracy.

Read the reports on the S&W forum:

http://smith-wessonforum.com/search...6827:siodb9lchnk&cof=FORID:9&q=governor&sa=Go

And the 8-11 rounds of 45ACP out of one of my 1911's, or the 14 rounds out of my glock 21 will be far more accurate with out intentionally handicapping myself to 5 rounds.

I don't see what it gets you over a standard pistol.

Sent from my phone.

Last edited:
And the 8-11 rounds of 45ACP out of one of my 1911's, or the 14 rounds out of my glock 21 will be far more accurate with out intentionally handicapping myself to 5 rounds.

Sent from my phone.

when talking about whether it will be superor to the gun he'd trade: this is spot on.

Sent from my phone.

only problem with this statement is i already own a glock 19 and a s&w ar15 in .22cal

Sent from my phone.
Because...

Back
Top Bottom