• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Would you shoot it?

There are some of those that don't look bad and if you saw them outside of the pile of bad ones they would just look slightly corroded.

Now if the case is weakened that wouldn't concern me as much as not knowing how the effects of whatever liquid they where soaking in effects the powder charge. It was probably water, but who knows. I would shoot some of those. I would believe there will be a few squibs in that pile..

Last edited:
M2_Ball_1b.jpg

corroded.

it is not to bright to use that ammo.I have some mosin ammo that was some what like that.the russians rushed the manufacturing annd did not wash the acid out of the powder.the ammo was rushed from the factory to the front lines.long while later it was collected and sold.it rotted from the inside out.a lot of the brass just crumbled.I had carcano that spit at the base.on the russian the bases of the bullets were eaten away. YOUR CALL.

Hey! I got an idea.

Let's drag up some of those German and US depth charges and undersea mines that are off the East Coast of the US. Probably a few torpedoes, also. We can set them up in Eddie Coyle's garage, and extract the powder from them. We can sell 8 pound kegs of the stuff, and make a KILLING!

Ummmmmmmmmmm. Nope. And I ain't gonna shoot any of those stupid bullets either.

Back
Top Bottom