• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Would you like to work with guns and travel the USA?

Well, this may be your chance then. Acme recieved an email from Kirstin Dodich of Left Field Productions, the company that does Pawn Stars and American Restorations. They are looking for a host of a new show,

From the Producers who brought you “Pawn Stars,” “American Restoration,” and “Oddities”…

NOW CASTING: GUN EXPERTS FOR A NEW TELEVISION DOCU-SERIES!

Do you know a thing or two about guns?

If you own a shop, buy and sell guns or have a huge collection of your own, we’re interested!

Every weapon tells a story - Where did it come from, what is it worth, can it be salvaged and will it sell? Are you able to uncover and reveal all that and more?

If so… We want to hear from you!

The producers of History's #1 smash hit, “Pawn Stars,” are currently in search for gun enthusiasts willing to travel the country to find the most interesting guns on the planet! If you are knowledgeable, enthusiastic and up for a fun challenge, this may be a great opportunity for you!

For more information, and to speak with a Casting Producer, please e-mail [email protected] with the following information: Name, contact number, and a brief description of yourself.

We look forward to hearing from you!

So they want to copy NRA's "Guns and Gold" but with less info on the guns and more cleavage and 'splody targets?

Hey, you women have Colby to look at don't you?

Shame I tried to help someone find employmet in this tough economy. I guess everyone is all set with employment and has enough money to last the rest of their lives.

these shows have to stop.
Que? You are nuts, aren't you... Here is a golden opportunity to document the historical firearms traditions in this country to the masses in a positive and entertaining light. I hope they make the show and 10 more just like them.

So they want to copy NRA's "Guns and Gold" but with less info on the guns and more cleavage and 'splody targets?

Maybe, but you never know. Even such, positive firearms exposure to the masses, even if it's not as detailed as it could be, wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

I am not discrediting the show, just having fun. I'm sure I would watch it either way.

My first thought was, no way in hell would anybody I know have a shot at this, but then remembered, we had an NES'er on this seasons Top Shot, so anything could happen.

Hey, the normalization of guns is good and I don't begrudge anyone the chance to make something out of this (and I freely admit that I don't have a fraction of the knowledge needed to host this show) but I shall elaborate on my snarkiness.

1. I don't know that the existing shows are normalizing guns. I don't think the gun shop shows are really casting us in the best light and suspect the people on there come across as crazy gun nuts to the gun-less segments of society. Top shot doesn't seem to make the participants seem any crazier than a normal reality tv competition, but the shooting can be so contrived....it's Hollywood, this is not what your neighbor does on the weekend.

2. I don't trust the producers of these things. They want drama. And they will find a way to get it. Fair enough, but you better be ready for it if you want to be the host.

3. This show is not aimed at me. Most tv isn't. Which is fine. But I reserve the right to sigh when there is yet another show with female eye candy, 2 minutes of actual content per episode, and injected drama via tannerite or scripting. Maybe it'll be awesome in my eyes. I doubt it will be, but that has zero to with whether not not it will be a hit.

I am not discrediting the show, just having fun. I'm sure I would watch it either way.

My first thought was, no way in hell would anybody I know have a shot at this, but then remembered, we had an NES'er on this seasons Top Shot, so anything could happen.

You already did with your original comments. If this is your idea of fun, then I wouldn't want be having a good time with you.

The gmail account seriously makes me doubt it's validity, sounds interesting though.

Actually, this makes sense as long as they don't start asking for an application fee (if the show is legit, it won't). The producer probably does not want to give his normal email address out, or even encourage people to dig for it by showing the domain. A disposable email address for something like this makes perfect sense.

If you call and they want a video so they can determine if they want you to interview in person at their expense, it's probably legit. If they ask for an application fee, ask if they want it sent to a PO box in Nigeria.

I know someone who got fairly far into the Top Shot selection process, and they didn't ask for him to pay anything to apply.

Actually, this makes sense as long as they don't start asking for an application fee (if the show is legit, it won't). The producer probably does not want to give his normal email address out, or even encourage people to dig for it by showing the domain. A disposable email address for something like this makes perfect sense.

Exactly Rob.
I have Kirstin Dodich's Work address, phone & email if anyone is serious about applying send me a PM for it. I did not put this in the OP as there was no need to.

If you call and they want a video so they can determine if they want you to interview in person at their expense, it's probably legit. If they ask for an application fee, ask if they want it sent to a PO box in Nigeria.

I know someone who got fairly far into the Top Shot selection process, and they didn't ask for him to pay anything to apply.

All of these shows are produced by Pilgrim Productions and they all use "G-mail" accounts for casting correspondence. I know [wink]

FYI: Actually, there is another NESer who has been in contact with these folks (and more importantly vice versa), is in the running for the aformentioned program, and has already made arrangements to film a scheduled activity (firearms shoot) that they will be attending and participating at. I can't say as I'm at liberty to reveal their name at this point.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom