• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

would you buy one?

here's a silly question-which is bigger,.50cal or the S&W .500 ?

i have no idea,so hence the question.not to long ago i shot several rounds of .480 and had bruised the palm of my right hand.was wondering how a .50cal 1911 would be.(or a .50 DE) in comparison to a caliber like .480 or the .500.

beretta92d said:
here's a silly question-which is bigger,.50cal or the S&W .500 ?

The S&W 500 (by far). That cartridge fully loaded would destroy any autoloader - if one could feed it. The difference is like a .45 ACP compared to a .44 Magnum.

With that said, I bet I have some 10mm loads that would rival what can be put through that .50 (Well, not really, but close.)

cartridge_1_500.jpg

This looks like a perfectly reasonable cartidge to me. It is magnitudes smaller than the .500 S&W which is advertised as a MAGNUM round.

STmonster_1103A.jpg

beretta92d said:
? [thinking] ? Huh? you lost me there....

What was this cartridge, and gun, designed to do that isn't already done as well or better by other presently available cartridges and guns? This is what puzzles me.

I have yet to hear any good, thoughtful answers.

I rather like the .50 GI (in theory only, hell I'll consider myself DAMN lucky if I EVER get to shoot one)

But I love .45 ACP because it accoplishes deadly muzzle energy through a big-heavy slow-moving bullet.

Appears that the .50 GI is really a .45 ACP that "Goes up to eleven" if ya get the joke.

Plus the pictures of the 1911 I've seen it's DAMN beautiful (Totally different than the Beauty of the Desert Eagle....and I want one in .44 Mag not .50 AE)

So yeah if I could get one, and it wouldn't break the bank (or my marraige) HELLS yeah I'd want one!

Arrrr

-Weer'd Beard

kendall-op said:
I would need a loan to buy one and another loan just to shoot it. So no is my answer.

Eh once your bought a good stock of ammo, it should be pretty cheap if you reload. It's a low-pressure case, so they should last.

Arrrr

-Weer'd Beard

Weer'd Beard said:
Eh once your bought a good stock of ammo, it should be pretty cheap if you reload. It's a low-pressure case, so they should last.

Arrrr

-Weer'd Beard

Spoken like a true gunny -- if it's a gun and he really wants it, in an instant he can figure out how to justify it!

Cross-X said:
What was this cartridge, and gun, designed to do that isn't already done as well or better by other presently available cartridges and guns? This is what puzzles me.

I have yet to hear any good, thoughtful answers.

ok,i getcha now....

you just throw me with the-
cross-x said:
This is an answer in search of a question
part of your statement

Back
Top Bottom