Would you buy a PSA Glock clone for $300? Introducing the PSA Dagger.

Probablt not, but if they have parts available those would probably be viable for building out a pistol of your choice.

If i didnt already have factory and aftermarket glock stuff im the mix id probably say yes.

Made in China? Seriously, I'm curious where is the country of origin for the parts. Turkey would be OK- Canik is an example of a good value. Regardless, more choices is usually a good thing.

Is PSA one of the companies that won't sell even a bumper sticker to a Mass resident? I'm losing track of the NES boycotts [rofl] .

No idea about this particular gun, but from my extensive (maybe 3 minutes worth) research PSA does everything they can to keep control of their supply chain. As I recall, just about all of the parts for their AR's are made in house. No idea about the "the dagger" but I wouldn't be surprised if it's upwards of 90% American made.

You would have to be retarded or mentally deficient to buy one![slap]
Buy a used Glock and forget about this thing.
Or don't be such a skinflint and buy a new Glock for $200.00 more...

I don't always buy a piece of crap Glock knock off, but when I do, I choose PSA![rofl2]
After purchasing it, man licks his arm and says to himself "So that's what guinea pig taste like..".

You would have to be retarded or mentally deficient to buy one![slap]
Buy a used Glock and forget about this thing.
Or don't be such a skinflint and buy a new Glock for $200.00 more...

I don't always buy a piece of crap Glock knock off, but when I do, I choose PSA![rofl2]
After purchasing it, man licks his arm and says to himself "So that's what guinea pig taste like..".

There are a lot of cheap gun owners. The Gen 3 platform is pretty solid and thats what hey chose. If I can put together a P80 and have it work perfectly after a little sanding I suspect PSA will build a solid pistol. I'm still not buying one but I actually suspect it will see some success.

It might have a place. For those with Glock tastes but Hi-Point wallets, this is far more attainable at half the price of a real Glock. The funny part though will be the people who buy this and then quadruple the cost with triggers, RMR's, and lights.

Buy hey, who am I to judge. I Gucci'd a P80. On another note--how does Glock let this happen? Much of the internal design specification must match Glock if the mags, slides, triggers, etc, are interchangeable.

It might have a place. For those with Glock tastes but Hi-Point wallets, this is far more attainable at half the price of a real Glock. The funny part though will be the people who buy this and then quadruple the cost with triggers, RMR's, and lights.

Buy hey, who am I to judge. I Gucci'd a P80. On another note--how does Glock let this happen? Much of the internal design specification must match Glock if the mags, slides, triggers, etc, are interchangeable.
Glock Gen 3 came out in 1998
In most countries, patents expire after 20 years.

This means that like the M1911, the Gen3 Glock is no longer protected under patent in most jurisdictions. Which is, of course, why Glock has since released Gens 4 and 5 - why else bother to improve on "perfection"?

Besides, I'm sure Glock has done the math and figures they benefit more from the copycat effect than all of their second movers. As long as everyone is trying to nip at the heels of their 22+ year old products, they can continue to iterate slowly. And they can continue to position themselves as having come first.

If I were a low income shooter, and had the option of that or a Hi-Point? Yeah, I would. Especially if I were a newer shooter that didn't know what to look for in a used pistol.

You nailed it.

Plenty of people on here have bought Caniks instead of Walthers with a similar price disparity. I'd give one a whack; if the MSRP is $300 you'll be able to pull one for $250 at some point...

That's pretty damn cheap, all said.

I'm inclined to believe it'd be more consistent/reliable than some of the frankenstein partsbox Glaux/Faucks I've seen assembled here and in my shop.

Made in China? Seriously, I'm curious where is the country of origin for the parts. Turkey would be OK- Canik is an example of a good value. Regardless, more choices is usually a good thing.

Is PSA one of the companies that won't sell even a bumper sticker to a Mass resident? I'm losing track of the NES boycotts [rofl] .
My guess - and that's all this is - is that PSA runs on super thin margins on something like this, assuming they'll make it up in volume. Since they own a hugely recognizable distribution system that is both virtual and physical locations, they can probably do the actual manufacturing, then can work on COGS time 2-3 instead of the more standard 4x. If they're clever, they have the mold tools made in PRC, then have a molder in e.g. AL. Since there's probably no license on the 3rd gen, and they can tout everything as compatible with every holster, light, etc. on the market, they actually get the second-mover benefit.

And every skinflint in America that's used to buying their rifles probably just got a semi at the idea they can order a complete Glock clone for about what a P80 build costs. Frankly, the mold tool probably costs less than $10K in China. I'd met it's paid off in fewer than 5K frames, and lasts close to 6x that. Even if they never use up the first tool, this is a no-lose bet for them.

And yes, they have a sign in their stores that if a customer has a MA ID, they're to refuse the sale.

ETA - they're listing the Taurus G2C (yes, I know) at $240 right now. Even when we consider Brazilian vs US manufacturing, this thing probably still has a pretty healthy margin. The more I think about it, they probably (under)paid an CAD jockey and an industrial designer to reverse out the critical dimensions on a G19. They could literally just buy parts that are already on the market for 90% of it. And they're sourcing known good PMAGs.

Assuming the chemistry is right in their glass-filled nylon, and the texture panels aren't awful, this whole design is basically a known quantity. I'm confident I could do the design work for this project in a couple months, and have tools through FAI in less than 6. Total development cost, including capital expenses, paying Boston rates for design work? Maybe $200K if we just throw cash at it; way less if we even pretend to care about Frugality. If it's moderately successful, they're printing money with this one.

Last edited:
I've already replied to this thread too much, what's one more? Everything I said above was without reading the actual article.

$300 is basically disposable. This is the summer that I start embarrassing myself at whatever comps are actually happening. If any of you FFLs will help me get my hands on the optics-ready version (when they're available) I'll slap a Holosun (that also I'll buy from you) on that bad boy and run it until the wheels fall off. When I suck, I'll blame the blaster [rofl2]

Last edited:
Yes. As much as PSA can eat shit for abandoning commie states, they make good stuff. $300 is no joke for a proven 15rd compact pistol. The success of the S&W Shield is largely due to its price point.

Like others said, a custom P80 build is a better option even though it costs more.

Good Lord. There is so much snobbery on this site sometimes. Who cares if it costs $300! If runs, it runs. If not, then not and probably will be corrected. There is not some 1 to 1 measurement of quality to dollars spent. Nor are most things 100% crap or 100% excellent in all ways. If you don’t want a non-Glock Glock, Don’t buy one. It does not make a $300 gun automatically crap if you would prefer something else.

Say they work well. Say you already own a safe full of Gucci custom Glocks. Say you decide to try it. Does that make you a skinflint?

I am convinced that some people would not dare own anything unless it was:

1. The exact brand used my the military at some point.

Or

2. Came out of a custom shop with hand attention.

The more glock clones that come out, the closer it comes to being modular like the AR15. There are already a ton of custom glock parts out there and this will just add to that diversity. Whether or not you buy this its good for you.

Got a P80 frame done? Slap a dagger slide on it, assuming you can part them out. Maybe theyre good, who knows?

Also for a street price under $300? Count me in. It has all the right attributes to be a winner if it works. Well have to wait and see.

PS - theyll get into MA whether PSA/Fuhrer Healey want them to or not.

On top of the above, during the run up to (entirely predictable) "the most important election of our lives" and a pandemic (entirely luck).

Genius. It could only get better if Brownell's or Midway got in on this.

If I were a low income shooter, and had the option of that or a Hi-Point? Yeah, I would. Especially if I were a newer shooter that didn't know what to look for in a used pistol.

this being PSA, that was my first thought too, a clone of HiPoint (yeetcannon) The price to mold both HiPoint and Glockclone is probably the same, practically the cost of plastic. However HiPoint is something like $100 and Glock is a few hundred more, so the margin on this thing is unreal, it's basically like minting money.

The issue with Glocks, uppers and internals are still good money and they have not budged in price in the last 10 years. Still 300+ to put an upper with internals. HiPoint on the other hand is not that different from the plastic frame, it's just pot metal for the slide and the barrel. The barrel trunnion is also pot metal, so if anyone wanted to crank HiPoint parts it costs practically nothing to make, not to mention that you can snipe upper and internal kit for HiPoints for as low as $20 and 60-80 all day long.

It’s cheaper than a P80 build. For $500 all in, you could upgrade the trigger and springs and turn it into a solid shooter. Just like Canik beat Walther. I’d buy one, and I HATE Glocks.

tumblr_inline_oxuk44Bnte1ug4sui_640.jpg

I have bought a bunch of their complete AR's and builds, IMO you can't beat the quality for their price, I would try the Optics model with a street price just around $300, why not?

I don't know. The highpoints are darn durable. Just watch the demolition ranch vid.

Back
Top Bottom