would this stock be legal?

It is black and very evil looking. I bet that thing kills babies, puppies, and kittens just by looking at it.

I don't think there will be any trouble. Just be careful that the mere presence of the firearm doesn't trigger a killing spree.

Last edited:
Your ruger 10/22 is a semi-automatic rifle that has a detachable magazine. Therefore you are allowed one more evil feature only. That stock has a pistol grip, and would be your only allowed evil feature.

Right. You're good to go with that stock, as long as you don't add any other 'evil features'.

WRONG!

Unless the rifle was in "assault weapon" configuration on 9/13/1994, it cannot have features that make it an AW, even if it was made before that date.

OK, I'm a little new to this so bear with me. I thought a pre-ban rifle made it legal to modify into an "assault weapon" configuration. How would the powers that be know what configuration it was in prior to the ban?

Or is it one of those situations where it is an unenforceable law but in good faith and legally speaking you should not modify it?

It's an enforceable law. The manufacturer has records of how that rifle came out of the factory. Remember, when you're a gun owner, you're guilty til proven innocent!

Or is it one of those situations where it is an unenforceable law but in good faith and legally speaking you should not modify it?

The entire AWB is a big unknown since there really is no case law to go by. Who knows who would have to prove what or what standard of evidence would be needed. What Vellnueve posted was just what the law says, not what one could or couldn't get away with. In my eyes, a good faith attempt to adhere to the law is the best policy.

Your ruger 10/22 is a semi-automatic rifle that has a detachable magazine. Therefore you are allowed one more evil feature only. That stock has a pistol grip, and would be your only allowed evil feature.

Does this include all detach mags, meaning the stock 10 or just high cap? If I bought a brand new 10/22 and stuck a pre-ban 25 round BC mag into it would this prevent me from changing the stock to a pistol grip?

Does this include all detach mags, meaning the stock 10 or just high cap? If I bought a brand new 10/22 and stuck a pre-ban 25 round BC mag into it would this prevent me from changing the stock to a pistol grip?

You'd be fine with a pistol grip, the detachable part is what constitutes the evil feature. It doesn't matter if it is a pre-ban hicap or a factory low capacity mag.

Back
Top Bottom