• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Would this gun give-away fly in Mass.?

Cross-X

Shooting at the big range in heaven
Dealer
NES Member
Realtor offers free Glock with home purchase in ... well, that'd be Texas
from fark.com

http://chron.com/disp/story.mpl/met...an/4390230.html

Glock offer targets police homebuyers

Pearland-area real estate agent Julie Upton has decided to throw down on the competition.

Like any good salesperson, Upton is always looking for new ways to attract customers. Recently, she struck upon what she thinks is some tantalizing bait — at least when it comes to police officers.

Instead of a free toaster, TV or a stay at a luxury hotel, Upton, of Realty Associates, is offering officers a free Glock pistol with any home purchase of at least $150,000.

"It's attracted a lot of attention," she said of her ads in Badge & Gun, the monthly publication of the Houston Police Officers' Union. She said she came up with the idea with help from Blue Cat Creative Consulting and Design.

Upton has given away two Glocks. "So (the ad) has already paid for itself," she said. But not all of her law enforcement customers have been interested in another gun.

"So I just give a $500 American Express gift check," said Upton, whose husband, officer Randy Upton, is a 15-year Houston police veteran.

For police officers, Glocks range from about $450 to $550 on the company's Web site.

Franceska Perot, spokeswoman for the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, said the giveaway appears to comply with federal and local laws.

"Proper record-keeping in gun transactions is always important," she cautions. "We don't want them falling into the wrong hands."

GLOCK 19 G3 - S&W MP15 - REM. 870 - Ruger 10-22 - SKS YUGO

I see no legal impediment, as it's to LEO's. I would expect a bonus of comparable value for non-LEOs, just to keep it all fair.

I'm sure if anyone tried that in MA, the AG would dream up some "violation" of his/her rules/regs or "unsafe practice" and shut it down amidst massive fanfare.

I see no legal impediment, as it's to LEO's. I would expect a bonus of comparable value for non-LEOs, just to keep it all fair.

I would expect that "give a Glock" actually means "go to a designated FFL where a realtor paid gun was waiting - a practice that would be 100% legal for civilians in this state (used Glock, of course in MA).

I local dealership in town (Pittsfield, MA) was giving away your choice of a shotgun, rifle, or muzzle loader this fall with the purchase of a new truck ($25k+). I was curious so I called on it... you buy the truck and go to the gun shop where you pick which one you want and then if you are licensed to have such a tool and pass the state checks then you get your new gun on the dealer's tab (which you paid for with your over priced truck). 100% legal because all they do is pay for it or give you a gift certificate if you can't own a gun or don't want one.

Back
Top Bottom