• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Would this be legal with an FID?

My neighbor owns a lot of land, about 15 minutes walking into the woods you show up to a little range the guy has made there. My dad and I have his permission to shoot there if we want to, what I wanna know is, would it be legal for me by myself to go out there and shoot with just my FID? I would just be bringing my Marlin 795, locked up. I am 15 years old if that effects anything. I wouldn't have to be on any roads or anything.

-Blake

you should be fine i used to go hunting alone with just my fid when i was your age you are able to do anything that everyone else with a fid can do except buy the guns and ammo.

As long as your are not carrying a long arm on a public way you are legal to carry it where you can otherwise legally possess it, doesn't even need to be locked up. Long arms carried on a public way must be in an "enclosed case".

I would contact the owner of the road just to get all of your ducks in a row...You don't need someone to cry tresspassing while you have a gun...

Back
Top Bottom