• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Would like to sell pistol I am from PA

So I was born raised in MA I got out of the USMC in 1995 I had purchased a few guns in this state one of was a German made Sig date code JK 1989 production I purchased this at I believe what was called M&A sports? In Plymouth I am thinking of selling I purchased it back in 1996/1997 before I left to PA in 1998 I dont have to paper work of purchase anymore lost years ago anyway can I sell to MA citizens? I would like to help out than just put it up for sale to someone who lives in a free state please school me on this MA seems to have gone full retard since I left. I remember all you needed was a LTCF and could purchase any pistol just mags were controlled but it seems you got some sort of stupid pistol laws now?

Must go through FFL because fed law, so to an MA resident you'd have to ship it to a dealer here if someone bought it. If its an old sig on the list most MA stores will take it in no problem, MFS, Four Seasons, etc. What model is it? With that date, I'm guessing a P220 or P226. Obviously the buyer would have to pay the transfer fee, etc. Since most old Sigs are exempt this really isn't a huge deal regardless (an MA resident can just get one off gunbroker etc) but might make it easy for a sig collector or someone to buy it, though. Especially if its in good condition.

-Mike

I know it has to go thru FFL but your firearms laws and date crazy politicians kinda throws me off kn what is or isnt. Yes I bought it from M&A or M&M sports back around 1996 it's a Sig 228 9mm JK Date code for a 1989 production born date in excellent condition
View: https://imgur.com/gallery/owKmQNd

So what is the deal with dates on pistols? When I left in Dec 1998 they only issue with new guns were AWB rifles you could always buy newer pistols dates didnt matter except for standard capacity mags ie 15rnds or higher that was it.

10/21/98 is the cutoff for all pre98 list guns, which yours is. Sigs are pretty much blanket legal in MA... figures now you're making ne miss my p228s lmao

those restricted blah blah mags can't come up here though unless the buyer is LE, those are postban and peons aren't allowed to touch those in ma...

Yeah that's a bummer I have pre 94 sig 226 mags for the person who wants it I may also sell my Berretta 92F too I will be upgrading to a M9A1 with rail soon both guns were kept in climate controlled environments well lubed in the safe with dehumidifier. I was kinda brainwashed by the USMC after every range 3x cleanings then put away lol! I was talking to some of my cousin who lives in MA and that got me to thinking about how this law really strangles gun owners and how it's a way to short the supply to the demand. So I will be posting my guns for sale here first before other sites since it's a pita to get them. I feel like we gun owners shouldn't be having the attitude of oh well it's your fault vote next time you get what you deserve. I believe people like me should help out the states that need help so I will help when I can.

There are plenty of NH folks here who you can sell to without all these MA restrictions and laws to deal with. Just the FFL transfer

There are plenty of NH folks here who you can sell to without all these MA restrictions and laws to deal with. Just the FFL transfer

This is a Sig P228, it's MA compliance exempt, basically any MA dealer that wouldn't take this in is a complete f***ing a**h***. There's nothing to "deal with" other than him not sending the
postban mags with the gun.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom