Would like to help out for Thanksgiving

My wife and I this coming Thanksgiving will pretty much spend at home as she'll have to work later that day.

So we were thinking that would be better to put our time for that day to a better use by volunteering for few hours in any capacity for a shelter or a charity etc.

Just wondering if anyone here is affiliated with some organization that could use us for that day. I realize it's probably short notice, but we thought asking anyways.

Thanks for reading.

I guess they get overrun with volunteers on days like thanksgiving to x-mas. I'd ask my church (if I was a churchgoer/volunteering kinda guy)

What state/town? Many towns have food pantries and many churches and shelters sponsor a turkey dinner. Try Googling "food pantry 'your town state'" or "homeless shelter 'your town state'"

don't know where you are but a bit of internet search will easily produce some results

i speak from experience when i say you will be overwhelmed with the self satisfaction & emotion you receive

if you don't find what your looking for in your area consider nursing homes although due to insurance regs and cori most require pre registration
but if you can sit in the lobby and play a guitar or something, or if you have a friendly dog to bring by and greet people it's all good stuff

Thanks guys. I have been looking on line most of the day. And i also placed couple of calls with volunteer coordinators of couple shelters. I am sure we will find something.
We are in the Medfield/Walpole area.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom