• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Would like to get into some sort of competition

Martinilover

NES Member
Hi i have been rife shooting casually for a few years now but have never shot in any competition. I have also only shot out to 100 yards.
I would love to enter some sort of easy going local competition (i live about 20min north of Boston off 93).

Thing is i do not know where to start. or what i should try to enter. I do have a number of military rifles (nothing modern -all bolt action). I also have a number of old single shot target rifles (European style) as well as a few rifles that are Palma style that could be loaded with a stripper clip. All have open/peep sights, i do not own a scope.
I am not sure if there are any 22 matches out there. i do own a few single shot 22 target rifles as well.

Anyone have any recommendations of where and what i should be considering? I do have a few slings but all from the 1960s but no jacket.

thanks for the help.

Search your local clubs for cmp/NRA matches and clinics.
Cape Ann up your way does cmp a few times a year.
OCSA in pembrook south of Boston and not to far off route 3 starts April 22 for cmp m1 garand and modern military match/clinic new shooters wanted, always

Back
Top Bottom