Would-be robbers shot by armed shoppers in Los Angeles

commodon

NES Member

Victim was standing on a parking lot holding a shopping bag when the would-be robbers rolled in​

A man armed with a handgun defended himself during an attempted robbery in Los Angeles, and left two suspects with bullet wounds to the legs, police say.

"Words were apparently exchanged, and the victim ultimately produces a handgun, apparently to defend himself and others in his group from the would-be robbery suspects. The victim fired his weapon towards the suspects and then all parties immediately fled the location," the Los Angeles Police Department recounted in a press release Tuesday.

The attempted robbery unfolded Monday on Melrose Ave. when two men exited an idling Dodge Avenger, with one of the men producing a handgun.

Video footage shows the men confronting a man with a shopping bag and two women who were standing on the parking lot.

d06e6a09-animation-13.gif

The male victim, who was reportedly the target of the robbery, produced his own handgun and sent the two suspects running as he opened fire.

Police arrested and identified the two suspects as Nicholas Brown and Markeil Hayes, both of Los Angeles, and said they were both booked on attempted robbery and are currently on parole.

Unless I read this wrong, everyone fled. The police got the two guys who initiated the robbery. The third man who was going to be robbed and shot them is also referred to as a suspect and they are looking for him.

Must not have had a permission slip - so garden variety LA shooting - nothing to see here…move along…

Unless I read this wrong, everyone fled. The police got the two guys who initiated the robbery. The third man who was going to be robbed and shot them is also referred to as a suspect and they are looking for him.

Must not have had a permission slip - so garden variety LA shooting - nothing to see here…move along…
It’s LA. Even if he has a carry permit, he would likely be arrested for defending himself.

Yeah I read it wrong. The Fixnews article doesn’t make it clear, but the PD press release says the third suspect was the driver of the other two.

So…victim here not the third suspect (but of still looking for him…)

Last edited:

You read it wrong. He is referred to as the "victim" in the entire narrative.

The 3rd person was the driver of the car.

It’s LA. Even if he has a carry permit, he would likely be arrested for defending himself.
I doubt they would arrest him if he had a carry permit. The press release seems to remove all doubt that he is a victim. But its also a safe bet that he doesn't have a carry permit and would be arrested for carrying a firearm without a permit. If he is found, he may beat the rap,, but he won't beat the ride

nope...they don't like giving licenses out here but every time I see on the local news a homeowner plugging a robber, the talking heads don't bat and eye and charges are rare. Media will even call it "an apparent self defense shooting".

It's weird out here and very schizophrenic. CA has a fairly reasonable castle doctrine.

I could be wrong(as usual)but, didn't the sheriff of LA country, usually anti-gun, recently say that the citizens should defend themselves because they can't anymore or some such?

nope...they don't like giving licenses out here but every time I see on the local news a homeowner plugging a robber, the talking heads don't bat and eye and charges are rare. Media will even call it "an apparent self defense shooting".

It's weird out here and very schizophrenic. CA has a fairly reasonable castle doctrine.
I believe you do not need a permit in Los Angeles to buy and keep a handgun or rifle in your home, unlike MA.

I could be wrong(as usual)but, didn't the sheriff of LA country, usually anti-gun, recently say that the citizens should defend themselves because they can't anymore or some such?
I remember Detroit saying that a few years back.

not sure about LA. I know our retarded commie f***bag DA has decided to basically not prosecute any crime whatsoever so wouldn't be surprised if Sheriff is advising citizens to figure it out for themselves.

I noticed the driver beat feet on his buddies when things went hot , or at least it appears that way in that short clip.

Back
Top Bottom