Would a 10mm Magnum revolver interest you?

Wait until someone mentions the cologne.

Back on topic ...

I am for any revolver. As long as they have 8 shots. Anything under than 8 shots should be unacceptable today, except for big calibers like .500, 45/70, .460, .454 ...
That's basically how I feel about .22 revolvers unless they're made by North American Arms, but I'll never have an interest in extra large frame revolvers like the Redhawk in .357 just to get 8 rounds in the cylinder. To me a smaller, lighter 7 shot makes more sense.

Many years ago, not long after the 610 came out, I read an article about the 10mm magnum and the 610 the author re-chambered,
was as simple as extending the chambers in the cylinder and he still showed good accuracy of 10mm ammo after the conversion.

Screw the nay-sayers, if you want it, do it! Life's too short to shoot what everybody else does.

I have about 30 years of back issue Guns & Ammo mags, maybe it was in there ??
Some years back I also read about S&W customer shop doing conversion on 610's about the time I decided to do it, not available. I am a 10mm nut and just to say I have a 10mm mag I think is cool. Do I need it 🤔 no, my wife will ask which one wore out that I need a new one, nun but I want it. Eventually I will purchase a cylinder from Smith and have it reamed.

They need a 46/70 Ultra Mag.
Basically a bigger 460, a .452 bullet in a 45/70 case.
It would appeal to me to the extent that I could use bullets I use in my .45 Colt revolvers, but then I ask myself when would I want to shoot a 250gr pill from a .45-70 rifle? Berry's makes 350gr plated bullets for .45-70 real cheap, I'd go with them for cheap fun and save the heavy 400 and 500 gr bullets for big game.

Just another recipe for a failed new caliber .
And what about .41 Magnum can be considered a success? It was designed to be the new police revolver caliber for the future and it was a massive disappointment.

I'll drop the idea for a rimmed version of 10mm Magnum, it's nice, but not necessary. The selling point is a revolver with power that approaches .41 Magnum, certainly exceeds .357 Magnum, but is capable of shooting cheaper and more avialable .40 and 10mm Auto ammo.

You may find this strange, but younger gun owners have almost zero interest in revolvers outside of a J frame or LCR snub.

They like high capacity autos in 9mm, 10mm, and 5.7x28, they view revolvers larger than a snub best used for high power magnums with a specific focus. They wouldn't be interested in a 9mm 686 because it's weaker than .357, but they wouldn't want a .357 because ammo is expensive compared to 9mm. Put a 10mm Magnum revolver in their hands, show them it works with .40 and 10mm Auto, and they'll buy the thing because they're only ever going to have a box or two of 10mm Magnum when they want the power of it, while most of what it would shoot is .40 and 10mm Auto for low price and decent power.

I don't see it being a failure for a certain demographic of gun owners.

The .41 Rem Mag revolver wasn't the problem. It was remington's decision to market to the LEO community a heavier and hotter load than originally intended. Cops aren't going to tinker and experiment and imaging the possibilities, They are going to do what I do at work. "Boss, this new thing sucks. Can I have the old one back please?" The round still has a presence because it attracted hunters.

If you love your .40, if you love your 10mm, if you don't reload, go ahead and buy one and enjoy. As stated earlier I am all about new guns. It's just I am in another certain demographic that is going to go down cellar and roll a few .41 specials for less than $20 a box.

Short answer to OP- thanx I am all set.

Wait until someone mentions the cologne.

Back on topic ...

I am for any revolver. As long as they have 8 shots. Anything under than 8 shots should be unacceptable today, except for big calibers like .500, 45/70, .460, .454 ...

So no single shot revolvers

5439501f85bad3ceafdcb7664407934c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom