• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Worth the trade?

Should I trade my Parkerized 1917 for a blued one?

• Yes

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
Over the holidays, I acquired my parkerized S/W M17 DA revolver, 54K, April 1918, from my favorite dealer. I actually like it better than my 1917 M1911 Colt; I guess I'm a revolver man at heart. They recently acquired a blued one at the SOS show, 145K, November 1918. The price is only $200 more than what I paid for the other one. I had wanted blue in the first place, but I like the parkerized one. I've asked If I can trade mine back for this one. It's missing the lanyard ring, but I found one on eBay for $20. I presume a blued original is worth more than a WW2 refurbished one? Both pieces are numbers matching.

Considering the safety was broken off during shipping of my qve45 K43, I think they'll go easy on me.

Yea or Nay?

Last edited:
If it was original I'd say yes all day long but someone f'd up the front sight on the blued one so I would pay probably half what they're asking now

I feel like its been refinished too, I don't see any of the typical rough tooling marks along the side of the frame and near the muzzle. Also the crane and somewhat the cylinder looks like its a little darker than the frame.

Yours on the other hand is interesting because you know its been through not one but TWO world wars!

Back
Top Bottom