Worth if Utah Lic in The NE

Is the Utah CC permit really worth the money in the NE. It's not recognized in Maine, NH, MA, CT, NY,DE, NJ,MD and now PA UNLESS you have a valid resident lic from those states. I see people laying out a lot of money and feel their being ill informed. Unless you travel outside the region consider the time and expense. In addition, the Fl license can be applied for directly and requires a current out of state resident license without attending a class. Do your research prior to spending a lot of money.
PS; SC no longer honors the Utsh CC lic without a valid state resident lic. If your driving or riding to FL please know the laws.

FL does require a shooting course!

Neither Utah or FL licenses are of any use if you never venture outside the Northeast.

I decided to get the UT permit, since the FL class was good for both. I need the FL CWP. IIRC, UT adds two additional states that FL doesn't...MN and one other I can't remember. That said, there are also some states where FL is good, and UT isn't.

AZ seems to be the best bang for the buck. No class and only $65. Gets all but 1 or 2 states compared to Utah and may add NM. I forget.

Back
Top Bottom